DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Noah has two brothers and one was a twin, and the one that bit Tyrese was a lot younger. His twin was the one laying on the bed, I'd imagine. I'm making assumptions, but I assume the bedroom the younger brother was in had a connecting bathroom to the bedroom Tyrese was in. And that's the beauty of scenes like that, you can look at it however you want. It's worth noting, I guess, that on Talking Dead they made a point to question if Noah was "bad luck" to the group, since it had only been 17 days since Beth had died.

I think you're just looking into that scene too much, though. Tyrese's humanity has always been in his weakness, and he let those photos get to him on a personal level, whatever level that might be, and it cost him, just like Martin said it would. I haven't seen anyone question that part of the whole sequence - just the radio transmissions. But I really do believe the radio stuff is unrelated and just his dying body and mind making old connections to his father and radio news pieces that he heard as a kid.

edit: forgot about the body on the bed, edited to reflect my theory

Edited by El Patrón Tristof

I thought Noah said he had "two twin brothers" meaning the brothers were twins, not that Noah had a twin.  I took it as the body on the bed was one twin.  Having seen the mother in the living room and a walker trapped behind a door Tyrese likely assumed the trapped walker was the other twin.  Obviously that wasn't the case.

• Like 1

I'm about ready to give up on the TV series like I did the comics.

Tyrese was one of my favorite characters from both properties.

Did anyone else notice them focusing on Glen picking up the bat?

If that foreshadowing comes to fruition I'm out.

IF it's foreshadowing what you're thinking...that was the most gutwrenching thing that has happened in the entire comic's run. 

• Like 1

I'm about ready to give up on the TV series like I did the comics.

Tyrese was one of my favorite characters from both properties.

Did anyone else notice them focusing on Glen picking up the bat?

If that foreshadowing comes to fruition I'm out.

IF it's foreshadowing what you're thinking...that was the most gutwrenching thing that has happened in the entire comic's run. 

I tapped a few issues after that one.

It just seems they kept the camera on the bat a second too long for my taste. I know it was scattered among other baseball collectibles, like the jersey Michonne picked up, but it just hit me wrong.

Knowing the way they like to kill off characters made me wonder.

One thing about Tyrese that I hadn't thought about until today was maybe they were trying to get away from having another Herschel in the crew. 

That last episode was pretty uneventful then. There was a drought and they were worried about dying of thirst but then it rained. And the sudden cut from them desperately trying to hold the door closed, to waking up the next morning refreshed and well rested made me think it had been a dream sequence, because why would feeding frenzy zombies wander off from food? But apparently the gale force winds were strong enough to rip down trees, but not strong enough to snap a chain that weight of zombies might have snapped.

• Like 1

That last episode was pretty uneventful then. There was a drought and they were worried about dying of thirst but then it rained. And the sudden cut from them desperately trying to hold the door closed, to waking up the next morning refreshed and well rested made me think it had been a dream sequence, because why would feeding frenzy zombies wander off from food? But apparently the gale force winds were strong enough to rip down trees, but not strong enough to snap a chain that weight of zombies might have snapped.

You should see some of the fucking freaky storms that hit the midwest, south and plains states and those storms' wake. Weird shit like that happens, man. 

Strong enough to tear down trees that look to be hundreds of years old, but leave a wooden barn (that is far from airtight) untouched? I'll take your word. The last epic storm we had round this way was in the late 80s.

Yes. Strong enough to flatten an entire neighborhood, but leave one home untouched.

one.irpt.jpg

Or there's this:

bus-tornado1.jpg

This is from my home state about 3 hours away. It's a diner left standing, even after a schoolbus was blown into it. A schoolbus full of kids who were on their way home.

Oh, and sadly, this storm/tornado killed a baby girl's family. The baby girl? Found alive and unharmed in a field 10 miles away from home.

Like I said, shit is really fucked up here when it's storm season, which is lately becoming damn near year round.

Although, isn't the show set in the Eastern Seaboard now? They said they weren't far from Washington DC, so they'd be at least in Maryland, right?

nb: I learned almost everything I know about American geography from watching the NFL. That's how I know Texas is the geographically largest state ;) But I have no idea where Alabama is relative to Kentucky, other than they're both in the South.

So apparently Rick turned heel at some point prior to this week's episode, and he is now a total douchebag. And everyone can see it except him. This episode would have been much improved if it at some point Michonne would have said "Why are you being such a dickhead, Rick?".

Also, they did the season finale trick of having them stand outside a gate but it not opening before the end credits, so we don't see who's inside, and they don't have to cast any more actors until next year. But it wasn't the season finale, so it achieved nothing!

With everything Rick has been through and how often he's been screwed over, can you blame him for not trusting anybody and trying to be extra cautious and not walking in to another Terminus situation where he came within seconds of getting his throat cut? I mean, yeah, he was a dick, but it's only been two weeks or so since they left Terminus. That's still fresh in his mind.

I like that Rick continues to slowly descend into madness and who could blame him? Anyone outside of their group has shown themselves to be psychopaths, cannibals, murderers, etc. Any safe haven has been a trap in more ways than one. I really hope the show runners continue down a path of making Rick the villain. That would be such an interesting twist for a show like this.

My theory is that Rick is slowly turning into the crazed person Morgan became and Morgan is going to snap Rick out of it like Rick did for him. I'm not concerned with how he catches up to the group because TV shows always play fast and loose with those details. That's how I see it going, though.