DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-7-13

MGFanJay

Cena vs. ADR for the lesser belt.Bryan wins the big belt.Unification match at Wrestlemania.

Bam.

That's kinda where I thought they might be going also... but you've got a long way to get there. Plus, you have to deal with the Rumble and the Chamber(s).

EDIT: And I see this was already discussed! That'll teach me to respond to something I read on Page 2 of a 5 page thread. Carry on!

If it's a choice of John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan or John Cena vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX, I'd rather see Cena vs. Undertaker as I've wanted that match for ages but you can't go wrong with either option.

Fuck John Cena. The sooner he endures a career ending injury, the better. This entire stretch since he lost to DB has been amazing because it's forcing the writers and bookers to work without their precious security blanket. 

Nothing like wishing injury on someone because you don't like the character they portray on television. Classy.

Oh, save it. It's not like the dude wouldn't be taken care of for life or all the kiddies who buy who garish looking merch won't just buy Daniel Bryan's instead. Do you honestly think WWE is better off always, constantly relying on John Cena and watching the writing staff use that character to cut the nuts off of anything interesting? I'm fine with him coming back to maybe put one or two more guys over, but he can't retire soon enough for me. The last thing WWE needs right now is for John Cena to return and inevitably pivot from challenging for the World title to squashing the Shield and running off Triple H and Steph.

I understand your dislike for the John Cena character and the way WWE uses him, but to wish for a man to lose his livelihood just because you are tired of seeing him... wish for him to retire and go into acting, or politics, or just decide that it's time to hang it up and go open a gym somewhere. But to actively want a man to be crippled (and that's what it would take to keep him from ever competing again) is seriously screwed up.

The amount of inferring and putting words in my mouth is fucking ridiculous. Did I say I wanted him to get crippled? No. He could wreck his elbow again or blow out his knee for all I care. Did I wish for him to lose his livelihood? No. Chances are that he'll be a part of the WWE family as long as he wants to be a part of the WWE family and he can collect a paycheck from them for life. And hmmm, didn't I just fucking say that I wish he would just retire and that he can do pretty much anything he wants outside of wrestling? Why yes. Yes I did. I didn't call for him to die, nor did I burn him in effigy. I made a flip, tongue in cheek remark that drew a pretty hilarious overreaction; the best being that I would theoretically want Bryan Cranston to die if I didn't like the Walter White character. Get a grip.

Cena beats ADR at HITC. Sandow cashes in on a prone Cena. Cena still wins anyway. Sandow feuds with Cena over the title shot loss, being a dick about it along the way (Somehow justify so. A screwy finish. Something.) is how I can see it going down.

Well that would be a roundabout way of pushing the storyline revolving around the WWE title even more because I can't see very many people caring about a John Cena/Damien Sandow feud. Someone else had the best idea that Cody should eventually win the title and have Sandow cash in on him.

Fuck John Cena. The sooner he endures a career ending injury, the better. This entire stretch since he lost to DB has been amazing because it's forcing the writers and bookers to work without their precious security blanket. 

Nothing like wishing injury on someone because you don't like the character they portray on television. Classy.

Oh, save it. It's not like the dude wouldn't be taken care of for life or all the kiddies who buy who garish looking merch won't just buy Daniel Bryan's instead. Do you honestly think WWE is better off always, constantly relying on John Cena and watching the writing staff use that character to cut the nuts off of anything interesting? I'm fine with him coming back to maybe put one or two more guys over, but he can't retire soon enough for me. The last thing WWE needs right now is for John Cena to return and inevitably pivot from challenging for the World title to squashing the Shield and running off Triple H and Steph.

I understand your dislike for the John Cena character and the way WWE uses him, but to wish for a man to lose his livelihood just because you are tired of seeing him... wish for him to retire and go into acting, or politics, or just decide that it's time to hang it up and go open a gym somewhere. But to actively want a man to be crippled (and that's what it would take to keep him from ever competing again) is seriously screwed up.

Did I say I wanted him to get crippled? No. He could wreck his elbow again or blow out his knee for all I care.

Oh, cool. Thanks for clarifying your point.

How to make Cena want to stay home:

1) Send him the complete series box sets of The Wire, The Sopranos and Deadwood.

2) Get him a Netflix subscription 

3) Invite him to play Candy Crush

He'll never want to leave the house again.

People act like Cena is some sort of Hogan-figure, who's sabotaging guys like Punk and Bryan and stopping them from being the No. 1 guy.

You know what? I'd bet Cena would LOVE for someone to breakthrough and become a star equal or bigger than him. It would take the pressure off of him and he wouldn't have to keep rushing back all the time.

Not his fault that WWE can't find anyone who can take over from him.

• Like 2

Cesaro's giant swing is awesome, but WWE's zoom in/zoom out camera work during that spot is idiotic. What, we can't properly appreciate the move unless we get a little nauseous as well?

It's the worst camera work I've seen since ECW would do the same zooms for every single punch....

• Like 1

What if they go with the fact that the "higher ups" in WWE pushed for John to return to the ring early. They can play up that his arm isn't fully healed, but HHH and Steph want him back now because it's "what's best for business". Del Rio's arsenal revolves around arm work. Cena sells his ass off all match, but pulls out the victory barely. Sandow cashes in on Cena and takes the belt. Del Rio and Sandow beat down Cena after the match and he takes a few more weeks off. That could help elevate both Sandow and the World Title to have Cena temporarily involved with winning the World Title, then Sandow beating him for the belt.

Cena is then off TV for a few more weeks when he finally returns as a "surprise" team member on Team Bryan at Survivor Series

Cesaro's giant swing is awesome, but WWE's zoom in/zoom out camera work during that spot is idiotic. What, we can't properly appreciate the move unless we get a little nauseous as well?

It's the worst camera work I've seen since ECW would do the same zooms for every single punch....

The original ECW or WWECW?

When did WWE start doing these zoom in/zoom effects? Was this the camera shake the folks talked about before?

Where does this leave Sandow now that Cena has returned and with all this talk of a unification match? Does this leave his MITB cash in left out in the cold? Because surely they're not going to attempt to give Sandow the unification title, are they?

Remember, "all this talk of a unification match" is just that - talk. By people on message boards. I don't believe it's been mentioned even once on TV.

Yeah, to hell with all those stupid kids who love to watch Cena wrestle.  And bring back the NWO and ECW too because PG sucks!!!!!1111!!!

Those kids shouldn't be up past 9pm. Bad parenting.

Meltzer said WWE put that match together pretty much with the intention of it being a disaster to make Eva Marie look bad, which is also why it was structured to put her in there with Aksana and Rosa the most.

Apparently, she has an ego or something.

If I was a smoking hot model I'd probably have an ego too.

Meltzer said WWE put that match together pretty much with the intention of it being a disaster to make Eva Marie look bad, which is also why it was structured to put her in there with Aksana and Rosa the most.

Apparently, she has an ego or something.

See wasn't selling at all.  The one time she did sell she was more worried about taking the bump and the sell was super delayed.  Just looked bad.

Meltzer's a rube.  The yak match probably wasn't even 4 minutes long without intros and Eva Marie was maybe in it for half and Fox was probably in there against her as much as the other two.  It was just Total Divas fodder and they'll just edit what they need out of it.  Really, just seemed like any typical Divas tag match on Raw.

And Cena's just back so WWE can cure more cancer than they did last year.

• Like 1