DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The first 5 mins were fun. Then it became just another shitty Triple H epic match. The guy can literally wrestle any kind of match he wants, and he always does the same shit that 9 times out of 10 dies on its arse. He is not good at professional wrestling.

4 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

BelAir and the Street Profits celebrating Kofi's win in the video above was great too.

And there's this

zDyZRPF.jpg

Kendrick being completely stone-faced was awesome as well. I was wondering if it was also an homage to Patton Oswalt (On an episode of King of Queens, Patton spent an entire scene not moving at all for a lark)

BTW - the other thing from the WON radio show this morning was - as part of the conversation where Dave stated that that was the planned finish of the main event. There was a lengthy conversation about how the WWE didn't want Ronda tapping.

Part of it was supposedly Paul Heyman's influence were he was all "real shooters shouldn't tap" or something like that

Most misguided part of the whole show:

Alexa Bliss doing the attendance and setting up the dance break, followed by two commercials, at 11:45 pm.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was awesome. He did the full RVD headstand bump on the steps. That match was great and really suffered from being so late in the night. Put it on an hour earlier and people are raving about it. 

For real. That was a great match that people are weirdly shitting on. It brought violence you normally don't see and worked well around each guy's age limitations. There was so much good stuff in that match and it's HHH's best match since the one against Daniel Bryan. I definitely got the sense though, that this might have been it for HHH as much as it was for Batista. There was just a "I'm too old for this shit" feeling to it all, but they still busted ass to put on a good show.

16 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The first 5 mins were fun. Then it became just another shitty Triple H epic match. The guy can literally wrestle any kind of match he wants, and he always does the same shit that 9 times out of 10 dies on its arse. He is not good at professional wrestling.

Oh come the fuck on. You can say that you personally don't like HHH, but this bullshit about him not being good at professional wrestling is fucking dumb.

Also, Batista is 50 and HHH is 49. I think your opinion that HHH "can literally wrestle any kind of match he wants" is pretty shallow. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - the other thing from the WON radio show this morning was - as part of the conversation where Dave stated that that was the planned finish of the main event. There was a lengthy conversation about how the WWE didn't want Ronda tapping.

Part of it was supposedly Paul Heyman's influence were he was all "real shooters shouldn't tap" or something like that

I'm beginning to believe that Heyman might have passed the point of diminishing returns.

It seems Observer audio was negative on the idea of them doing a worked/shoot build and then having Rousey tap out to Becky, which would be too unbelievable. 

Eh, I'm okay with them not doing a tap out finish but maybe don't have every promo promise that. 

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Most misguided part of the whole show:

Alexa Bliss going the attendance and setting up the dance break, followed by two commercials, at 11:45 pm.

A lot of this shit should be earmarked for being cut. Like, how about we cut the commercials by half, get rid of the shit like Lacey Evans coming out to waste time or the dance break, or any other "host" segments and you've saved plenty of time there. Also, get rid of the Hall of Fame segment. They've had it around for years and it adds nothing. Aside from that, not all of these matches had to go on last night. Making cuts is difficult, but necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

For real. That was a great match that people are weirdly shitting on. It brought violence you normally don't see and worked well around each guy's age limitations. There was so much good stuff in that match and it's HHH's best match since the one against Daniel Bryan. I definitely got the sense though, that this might have been it for HHH as much as it was for Batista. There was just a "I'm too old for this shit" feeling to it all, but they still busted ass to put on a good show.

Oh come the fuck on. You can say that you personally don't like HHH, but this bullshit about him not being good at professional wrestling is fucking dumb.

Also, Batista is 50 and HHH is 49. I think your opinion that HHH "can literally wrestle any kind of match he wants" is pretty shallow. 

I'm all in on this. That match vastly exceeded all expectations and put a nice capper on one of the more important WWE feuds of this century. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

A match working around their age limitations wouldn't have gone 20+ minutes. This was exactly what I thought it was going to be. I said they could have a fun 10-12 minute brawl, but it would probably be twice that length. And, lo and behold.

And it's good to know that my opinion is fucking dumb, whereas you state your own opinion like it was a fact. 

If you seriously don't know what I mean by saying Triple H can wrestle any kind of match he wants, then that's on you. I reckon most people understood that that comment doesn't have anything to do with any physical limitations he has. Of which, by the way, I praised him for his bumping in this match.

• Like 1

Contradicting and conflicting reports on what happened in the finish. Multiple sources are saying the referee and Becky Lynch botched what was not supposed to be the actual finish. Ronda is apparently pissed.

Edited by TheVileOne

Then please explain what him being able to wrestle any kind of match he wants means because reading that looks like you're saying...he can wrestle any kind of match he wants. So you tell me, what kind of matches can he wrestle? Dude is old and only has so much in the tank.

Also, you said he's bad at professional wrestling. He's nearly 50 and still putting on fun shit like last night. He has an extremely lengthy career that took him in a ton of directions and produced a bunch of great matches. But YoYo's Roomie says he's bad at professional wrestling so I guess we should all just accept that and move on. I pointed out what stating an opinion would be and your exact words were "He is not good at professional wrestling," which is you stating something as fact.

BTW, the only reason I'm even harping on that shit about HHH is because for whatever reason and primarily on here there's this belief that persists that HHH is a piece of shit, or he holds people down, or he does all of this shit to get his heat back, or he sucks at wrestling, or whatever the fuck. It's all nonsense. It's just very annoying to keep seeing this shit pop up here and there like it's fact. He's put over more than enough wrestlers, he's wrestled enough great matches, and at his age, I doubt he gives a shit about getting heat back or getting a win back especially when he barely even wrestles anymore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Contradicting and conflicting reports on what happened in the finish. Multiple sources are saying the referee and Becky Lynch botched what was not supposed to be the actual finish. Ronda is apparently pissed.

It should be pointed out that the "reporters" claiming they have "sources" inside WWE are far from reliable. It's people with names like Brad Shepard or Kristen Ashly saying the shit about how the finish was botched or that Ronda is mad. 

Given Graves offered a dissenting opinion and they showed replays showing Ronda had kicked out, I'm pretty comfortable just seeing it as a work and other people working themselves into a shoot (brother). This is like people thinking Enzo and Cass jumping the guard rail wasn't part of a story.

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

I feel that a lot of the people who don't like HHH wrestling now didn't much care for him wrestling in 1999 and 2009 either so it's all kind of a waste of an argument. 

You're probably right. 

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It should be pointed out that the "reporters" claiming they have "sources" inside WWE are far from reliable. It's people with names like Brad Shepard or Kristen Ashly saying the shit about how the finish was botched or that Ronda is mad. 

Given Graves offered a dissenting opinion and they showed replays showing Ronda had kicked out, I'm pretty comfortable just seeing it as a work and other people working themselves into a shoot (brother). This is like people thinking Enzo and Cass jumping the guard rail wasn't part of a story.

Sean Ross Sapp is saying it too and Dave Meltzer is wrong half the time. Sapp is the one who broke the story that Chris Amann was dating Jillian Hall while she worked for WWE. Note that Corey Graves asked for another angle on the replay and they didn't show it. Cole and Young sort of ignored it. 

Why would you work a finish where Becky Lynch didn't legitimately pin Ronda Rousey when the idea is to pin Becky Lynch and make her THE MAN?

In hindsight, Bryan and Kofi are probably lucky their match was not the main event. Being the main event at WrestleMania is not as prestigious as it once was.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, the only reason I'm even harping on that shit about HHH is because for whatever reason and primarily on here there's this belief that persists that HHH is a piece of shit, or he holds people down, or he does all of this shit to get his heat back, or he sucks at wrestling, or whatever the fuck. It's all nonsense. It's just very annoying to keep seeing this shit pop up here and there like it's fact. He's put over more than enough wrestlers, he's wrestled enough great matches, and at his age, I doubt he gives a shit about getting heat back or getting a win back especially when he barely even wrestles anymore.

Now you're just projecting, dude. Who said anything about him holding people down or getting heat back or anything like that? 

I don't know why it's so hard for you to let someone have an opinion that differs from you, but this isn't the first time I've seen you call someone else's opinion 'fucking dumb' or stupid or some shit. I mean, this is a message board, so I would think the point would be for people to express their opinions, and then debate comes from that. Calling something fucking dumb doesn't really inspire me to want to elaborate on my thoughts to you. I never stated my opinion as a fact. No, I didn't specifically preface my post with the phrase "in my opinion" because I thought that was pretty much implied. Neither did you, by the way, so am I to assume you think it's a fact that the match last night was great? Because I would dispute that. I thought it was the worst match on the show. I'm sorry you don't agree.

For clarity, what I meant by 'Triple H can have literally any kind of match he wants' is that he has the clout behind the scenes to say 'hey, me and Dave are both 50, we should probably just do a compact, intense 10 mins of brawling then go home', or 'let's go balls to the wall with bombs and nearfalls for 15 mins to try to wake the crowd up'. But, as always, he has to have the longest match on the show, and, as often happens, no-one gave a shit. That's a fundamental lack of understanding of your capabilities and limitations, which is the essence of good pro-wrestling. Hence, I think he is bad at pro wrestling. 

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Him winning a heatless main event at WrestleMania 25 and killing Orton's momentum is pretty egregious.