DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If Ronda is taking time off, I 'd be fine if she comes back in a special attraction role. Honestly, it surprised me she ended up working as much as she did. For almost a year, she basically was a full-time roster member. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Peyton and Billie show off their new belts backstage.

IIconics really are my favorite wrestlers who I never actually want to see wrestle

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

The IIconics are not my favorite, but I like that they are actually a women's tag team, and they've been a women's tag team since the beginning in their NXT days. Other than the Bella Twins they are basically the first genuine WWE women's tag team in years that I can think of. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

The IIconics are hilarious, so of course they don't let them do any of this stuff on TV or even the goddamned network, just the youtube channel.

A number of the wrestlers are genuinely really hilarious, and unique, so of course we don’t want them contributing ideas or doing their own promos. 

• Like 3

The Iconics are very entertaining and while I've noticed their wrestling abilities have been a topic of debate on this board, I think they'll be capable of delivering a few months of great action now that they've got the ball. I'm kinda hoping the titles find their way back to Boss&Hug as I feel that's where the best matches will exist. 

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

0beecf0803bbc248-600x338.gif

Say what we will about Rousey, her shit talk game was on point.  The "You say I can't wrestle?" shout before dropping 3 Amigos on Eddie Guererro Super Fan '92 Sasha Banks was great.

I greatly await "Tables are for bitches!" as a counterpoint to "I AM THE TABLE!" in the next Botchamania.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

?

I know, I know, I'd have that look on my face too if I thought Kumail Nanjiani was consistently funny. 

Thankfully, I don't have that problem!

(Look, I'm giving dude love for the t-shirt, which is marvelous, and the look on his face in the second picture, which is also marvelous. Just accept it and move on.)

1 hour ago, AverageKong said:

The Iconics are very entertaining and while I've noticed their wrestling abilities have been a topic of debate on this board, I think they'll be capable of delivering a few months of great action now that they've got the ball. I'm kinda hoping the titles find their way back to Boss&Hug as I feel that's where the best matches will exist. 

I think since we all look at things differently as fans,  how a person feels about the IIconics kind of shows what they're into.  Wrestling ability and match quality are the things I give a shit about least in wrestling unless something is so exceptionally bad that it's worse than say, the shittiest match on a W*ING card.  I'm all about character, personality, and fucked up shit happening.  Like, I am glad the IIconics won because I think they're hilarious, and when Sasha came out with her I'm going to job face I was so happy it ended up being to them and not the Divas of Doom that it was probably my biggest Wrestlemania feel good moment in a card that I just felt like I was getting through instead of actively enjoying at least 80% of the time.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I think since we all look at things differently as fans,  how a person feels about the IIconics kind of shows what they're into.  Wrestling ability and match quality are the things I give a shit about least in wrestling unless something is so exceptionally bad that it's worse than say, the shittiest match on a W*ING card.  I'm all about character, personality, and fucked up shit happening.  Like, I am glad the IIconics won because I think they're hilarious, and when Sasha came out with her I'm going to job face I was so happy it ended up being to them and not the Divas of Doom that it was probably my biggest Wrestlemania feel good moment in a card that I just felt like I was getting through instead of actively enjoying at least 80% of the time.

You can break it down in a match between just workrate and hitting things clean and character work and storytelling. Basically bumping vs selling. Obviously these things don't have to be in opposition but in 2019 they often are.

I am a believer in "once the bell rings" I need to be entertained.   Someone can be entertaining enough that's fine..  you can be a manager or a commentator.  If I'm sitting there watching a match and it's 90% comedy or 90% mannerisms and little more..  I am okay with that but not in a title spot.  That is an opener to me or midcard filler.  I don't believe title matches should be competed on a comedy level.  

Someone will say well what about The Rock..  he got serious when it was called for sometimes bleeding comedy into serious and back again. That takes a lot of talent but hey he is The Great One. Titles should be taken at least somewhat seriously or why do I care who wins?  There is sport and there is entertainment.  There should be some semblance of sport along with the entertainment aspect. 

The IIconics can be entertaining but do I think to myself how good would a match be between them and any other team, no not really.  

I'm not going to pretend they didn't have their fans.  Some people were cheering when they won at Mania.  However,  the crowd is dead for the bulk of their matches and that comes back to wrestling.  They need to either improve in the ring or if they can do more than what they've shown.. let's see it. 

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

WWE wouldn't be cool enough to have Kofi's wife's head in the box

There were a lot of "AW, WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!??!" ..!! jokes !!.. at the place where I was watching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nate said:

There were a lot of "AW, WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!??!" ..!! jokes !!.. at the place where I was watching.

Step 1: First you open the box

Step 2: Put a belt in that box

Step 3: Make Kofi open the box

And that's the way you do it.

• Like 5