DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 35 POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It should be pointed out that the "reporters" claiming they have "sources" inside WWE are far from reliable. It's people with names like Brad Shepard or Kristen Ashly saying the shit about how the finish was botched or that Ronda is mad. 

Given Graves offered a dissenting opinion and they showed replays showing Ronda had kicked out, I'm pretty comfortable just seeing it as a work and other people working themselves into a shoot (brother). This is like people thinking Enzo and Cass jumping the guard rail wasn't part of a story.

And Rousey isn't shy about voicing an opinion so we'd hear from Ramona Shelbourne or someone like that that if something went terribly wrong or if she was angry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Then my question is why would you purposefully have a screwy finish with Becky going over?

1)To protect Rousey, who is a valuable star moving forward if she decides to stick with it and would be important with the Fox deal.  

2) To build up a one-on-one rematch with Lynch based on a disputed finish

3) To continue the controversy in a storyline that has been based on worked shoot stuff. 

As I said before, we see this as the end of the Becky/Ronda storyline and for them it's like Chapter 1. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

If they really wanted to protect Ronda, why not just have Charlotte take the fall?

I think this was just a botch.

Because Ronda might not be back, whereas the Golden Child is probably a lifer? 

6 minutes ago, Hagan said:

1)To protect Rousey, who is a valuable star moving forward if she decides to stick with it and would be important with the Fox deal.  

2) To build up a one-on-one rematch with Lynch based on a disputed finish

3) To continue the controversy in a storyline that has been based on worked shoot stuff. 

As I said before, we see this as the end of the Becky/Ronda storyline and for them it's like Chapter 1. 

What about protecting your top star Becky Lynch who isn't probably leaving anytime soon?

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

What about protecting your top star Becky Lync who isn't probably leaving anytime soon?

Ask Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman how that argument worked against a UFC fighter. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Sean Ross Sapp is saying it too and Dave Meltzer is wrong half the time. Sapp is the one who broke the story that Chris Amann was dating Jillian Hall while she worked for WWE. Note that Corey Graves asked for another angle on the replay and they didn't show it. Cole and Young sort of ignored it. 

You really think Vince McMahon, notorious for yelling and screaming so loudly at the announcers, was just going to sit idly by during the main event of WrestleMania and just let Graves go off about how Ronda wasn't pinned?

This also isn't UFC where you can ask for another angle and get it. It's all part of a broadcast.

• Like 2

BTW, I have to laugh at the comparisons to Starrcade 97. Starrcade 97 had Hogan pinning Sting 1-2-3 after the leg drop, Bret stopping the bell from ringing, restarting the match or allowing it to continue, and then Bret counting 1-2-3 when Sting pinned Hogan.

WM 35 had Becky pinning Ronda with a weird finish that was either scripted to end that way and Ronda was just dumb and squirmed around too much or it should have ended differently, but either way, Ronda still got the first pinfall over Ronda.

These two events are not remotely the same thing. Sometimes you have to stop looking for something that isn't there.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Can we talk about those standing shining wizards being thrown in the womens three way please?

I really like the shining wizards Shayna and Ronda throw out. They are the only people on the roster doing the actual shining wizard save the rare occasion Tozawa does one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It worked out well for Seth Rollins. 

Yep. And glad they booked Seth strong, especially if Brock is taking a powder to get slept by DC. But, this is a company that has done an awful job with babyfaces for years now. Last night, the wonky finish aside, was pretty much a homerun as they managed to put three main event babyfaces over.  

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I have to laugh at the comparisons to Starrcade 97. Starrcade 97 had Hogan pinning Sting 1-2-3 after the leg drop, Bret stopping the bell from ringing, restarting the match or allowing it to continue, and then Bret counting 1-2-3 when Sting pinned Hogan.

WM 35 had Becky pinning Ronda with a weird finish that was either scripted to end that way and Ronda was just dumb and squirmed around too much or it should have ended differently, but either way, Ronda still got the first pinfall over Ronda.

These two events are not remotely the same thing. Sometimes you have to stop looking for something that isn't there.

Kinda like my HHH comment, I think that people dislike Charlotte and Rousey as people and as performers and nothing short of Becky squashing them like Goldberg mowing down Jerry Flynn was gonna be enough.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It was Sting submitting Hogan in the deathlock for the finish, but whatever.

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Yep. And glad they booked Seth strong, especially if Brock is taking a powder to get slept by DC. But, this is a company that has done an awful job with babyfaces for years now. Last night, the wonky finish aside, was pretty much a homerun as they managed to put three main event babyfaces over.  

Kinda like my HHH comment, I think that people dislike Charlotte and Rousey as people and as performers and nothing short of Becky squashing them like Goldberg mowing down Jerry Flynn was gonna be enough.  

You're probably right again.

• Like 1

Also AJ might have gotten hurt last night as he was supposedly replaced at AXESS today by Kurt Angle and security was telling people it was because AJ was hurt

Facepalm.

I think a lot of writers just want to believe something that wasn't there. The only oopsie I could see happening was Ronda squirming around too much to the point where her shoulders lifted off the mat while being pinned.