DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

Oh make no mistake... I f the Doctor finds and unfreezes Gallifrey then a showdown with Rassilon has to occur (ok I hope). There are still some theories about who the mysterious female Time Lord was the appearing to Wilf and appeared as one of the shamed ones beside Rassilon during "The End of Time" ranging from Romama to The Doctor's Mother. The Time War era may be over In its place we have the search for Gallifrey!

James

I really enjoyed the episode. Really liked the interplay between tennant and smith. Using Rose as the conscience of the weapon was a neat touch. 

What I hated was that bullshit bbc3 mistake for an after party. Such an abortion of a show. Be glad that bbca didnt show it. godawful

Why does any TV show need an after party show anyway? It puts it on terms with nonsense like Strictly Come dancing and whatever else the BBC or whoever are trying to pimp. I like Doctor Who, and I enjoyed the new episode/special, but this week has just been so much overkill from the BBC that I'm kinda glad I won't hear much about it for a couple of weeks. They spent so long talking about it on the breakfast news the other day it was unreal.

• Like 1

Just got home from the 3D screening. Lots of kids and adults dressed as The Doctor. There was a Commander Strax video telling us not to talk and stuff and a "put on your glasses" video with Tennant and Smith. 

And a god damn trailer for Batman '89 which won't be playing here.

Audible "OH MY GOD" when

Tom Baker appeared

was great. 

Side note of interest in timeywimeyness.

This adventure is/was apparently the second to last for both Sandshoes and Chinny, besides being the last for Grandad. 10 refers to marrying Liz 1 when he finally shows up to the Ood. And we know that 11 regens into Capaldi at Xmas.

Also, by marrying Elizabeth I, Amy Pond is now The Doctor's mother-in-law twice over.

So, am I right in remembering that the earlier multidoc stories referenced

them not remembering details after more than one of him interacts, thus allowing 10 and 11 to think WD had gone through with the genocide

or is that new and my mind is doing Moffat's job for him by aiming for a No Prize?  Because I haven't seen Five Doctors or Two Doctors in ages, but I was thinking this was the case even before they mentioned it.