DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

From everything I've seen, Matt Bourne finished more people off with the Stump Puller than the Whoopie Cushion. 

They really should give that suplex into a stunner that R-Truth uses as a transition move and give it to someone for a finisher.

Yeah, Masato Tanaka had those Stunner variations, someone should be using them. Maybe not in the WWE, because of obvious reasons, but why isn't anyone rocking the diamond dust. I bet Heath Slater could do a good Buff Blockbuster.

AND REMEMBER WHEN EVERYONE HAD A TORNADO DDT? Christian had like three different ones. How far has that move fallen?

On Raw, Cena did this weird half nelson lift in to a neckbreaker thing, which I immediately thought could be a finisher for a mid carder. 

I'm surprised no one has used the Go Flasher, which would be different enough from a jack hammer but still impressive from a power stand point. 

I'd like to see someone start using the Stump Puller as a finisher.  I don't think I've seen anyone use it since Big Bully Busick.

Didn't Doink also use it after him?

Come to think of it, you are correct, sir!

Now I find myself missing heel Doink... *sigh*

How would you feel about a couple of new heel Doinks joined by a heel Dink for a feud with Los Matadores and El Torito?

Well yeah, but how many guys are you really tuning in for, and how many guys are dudes you like having around once you tune in?

I never bought a ticket to see the Hurricane but that doesn't mean he wasn't over like a motherfucker. No one bought a ticket for Jindrak, but unlike Billy, no one remembers him  doing anything ever. I already forgot what he did in the youtube video above, and I just watched 6 minutes ago.

• Like 3

I think that's a different comparison. I don't think anyone in the company or the crowd believed Hurricane was a future world champion, and he was over because he had a fun gimmick. Then there are the Billy Gunn's and Mark Jindrak's of the world who are pushed as the future of the company, yet fail to get there.

Well yeah, but how many guys are you really tuning in for, and how many guys are dudes you like having around once you tune in? I never bought a ticket to see the Hurricane but that doesn't mean he wasn't over like a motherfucker. No one bought a ticket for Jindrak, but unlike Billy, no one remembers him  doing anything ever. I already forgot what he did in the youtube video above, and I just watched 6 minutes ago.

Jindrak is one of those guys who I can remember stuff from in WCW but I totally gloss over any memories of them in WWE after that.See also: Chuck Palumbo, Maxx Payne/Man Mountain Rock, Bill DeMott/Hugh Morrus.

I'll have to bow out of the debate because I literally can't remember Mark Jindrak being pushed as anything.

Like I just realized most of my memories that I think I have him are actually of Shawn Stasiak.

• Like 3

I think that's a different comparison. I don't think anyone in the company or the crowd believed Hurricane was a future world champion, and he was over because he had a fun gimmick. Then there are the Billy Gunn's and Mark Jindrak's of the world who are pushed as the future of the company, yet fail to get there.

Posted Image

Well, as it's probably noted, when you lose the chance to be in Evolution, it's clear the decisionmakers in the company doesn't think of you as the real future.

Posted Image

Well, as it's probably noted, when you lose the chance to be in Evolution, it's clear the decisionmakers in the company doesn't think of you as the real future.

Well that's the thing. Didn't Triple H say that he wanted to pick some guys that he saw had potential and could mold into main event players? Obviously they went with Batista in Jindrak's role, but that could have been for a number of reasons

I want to see a wrestler with a completely ridiculous finisher...Something like King's extra long suplex/slam/power bomb combo from Tekken.

Also, we are way overdue for someone to do an homage to Disco Inferno's finisher that he could never figure out and had to use instructions for. Did Disco ever actually pull that finisher off?

Speaking of Masato Tanaka, someone should totally steal the Sliding D as a finisher. It's safe and you can hit it on anyone from Rey to Big Show.

Curtis Axel used it for a while in FCW. I have no idea why he stopped using it.

I'll have to bow out of the debate because I literally can't remember Mark Jindrak being pushed as anything.

Like I just realized most of my memories that I think I have him are actually of Shawn Stasiak.

The only two things I remember about Mark Jindrak in WWE are that he teamed with Luther Reigns (remember him?) as Kurt Angle's enforcers, and that he had a match on Velocity with Doug Basham that was surprisingly good. Oh, and his knock-out punch finisher wasn't Big Show-level atrocious.

I do wish Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire would have gotten a push during the Invasion. I always thought O'Haire had a lot of potential back then. Any reason why he didn't stick around?

The shortest Meltzer 5 star match was Ishii vs Shibata from the G1 Climax this year (8/4).   It clocked in at 12:17. I also remember he gave 4 3/4***** to a Rey-Psicosis match that lasted less than 10 minutes on the War Super J Cup (12/13/95)

What was the  5 star match that went 18:09?

The shortest Meltzer 5 star match was Ishii vs Shibata from the G1 Climax this year (8/4).   It clocked in at 12:17. I also remember he gave 4 3/4***** to a Rey-Psicosis match that lasted less than 10 minutes on the War Super J Cup (12/13/95)

Oh man, 4 3/4 for Rey n Psicosis. All I remember of that match was at least 3-4 straight minutes of highspot to the floor, roll into the ring, hit your guy roll to the floor, hightspot to the floor, rinse lather repeat. Even in 95 I thought it was a bit to much overkill to the match