DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

A Good Walk Spoiled

6 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

TIGER!!

The man was too good to fade away totally.  With the competition out there now he doesn't get the majors record but the tour wins record seems ready to fall inevitably

This is pretty insane, reminds me of Tiger in his heyday... maybe a lil rowdier. Love how exuberant Rory was, too.

Also, love Tiger taking a lil dig at the fact that there's less clapping and more yelling cause of cellphones.

A spectacle every two years between Team USA and Europe in golf. USA defending the Ryder Cup.

USA won the fourballs against Europe 3-1 and Europe won the fourballs 4-0, a first for the team in the format. Last time Europe won all four matches in a session was 1989.

5-3 to Europe after Day One.

Mickelson never should have been picked for the United States team. I am pretty sure that two people from the board who play golf could have given him and DeChambeau a run for their money at alternate shot on Friday.

• Like 1

Thanks for moving my post here. Never knew we had a golf thread.

It's now 8-3 overall to Europe so Europe could go 4-0 in this fourballs session as well.

The Americans gave it a good early run on Sunday, but when Europe went into the singles matches needing only 4.5 points, the finish was inevitable.

Captain's picks were a big difference. USA's captain's picks only were part of two points won (both by Tony Finau). Europe's captain's picks earned 9.5 points, including 3.5 out of four points in singles matches.

• Like 1

Tiger Woods has just won the 2019 Masters, his 15th Major. One of the the greatest sporting comebacks ever. The best? I think so.

Edited by The Natural

Some guy wins some golf stuff. I was so out of touch, I didn't even know they moved a major by 3 months. 

I don't watch much golf, but I watched both days this weekend. I think that entitles me to partial credit. Tiger, Nike, have your people call my people. 

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Please, not even in the same category as Ben Hogan's. . . . .

• Like 2

Of course yesterday was the day I picked to binge Bosch yet again.  Harry Bosch: "If you can smoke and drink while you're playing it, it's not a sport." -- on golf.

Edited by Contentious C

Small note, this is the first time ever (!) Tiger has come from behind in the final round of a major to win.   

Remember when he won his 14th in his early 30's and it was just a question of how many he'd break Jack's record by, not if?

We are all so old.