DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2018

odessasteps

50 minutes ago, DouglasC said:

Off of Bill Corbett's twitter, Bruce J. Mitchell passed away last month. He's better known to MST3K fans as Zap Rowsdower.

Is it fucked up the first "thought" in my head upon reading this is, "..bippity boppity Rowsdower.."?

Friends and colleagues of his are reporting on social media that character actor Robert Mandan passed away last week at age 86. 

If you needed to cast a comedic "stuffy shirt" type in the 70s and 80s, Robert was your guy. Chester Tate on Soap, James Bradford on Three's a Crowd. Also loved him as the HS principal in Zapped!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So for non-actors & movie/tv people, we've got a new thread over in the Land of Confusion folder: 

I've gone ahead and moved all of the Anthony Bourdain stuff there. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Character actor Stanley Anderson has died at 78.

Played Drew Carey's dad on "The Drew Carey Show", General Slocum in "Spider-Man" and the President in "The Rock".

Also had a critical role in the final episode of "Seinfeld" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUX2bKruqM

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tab Hunter, LGBT icon and 50's matinee star has died.  He was most famous for being the lead in Damn Yankees

He was 86. 

I was just coming to post about this.

His 3 year relationship with Anthony Perkins is apparently going to be the subject of a movie where Zachary Quinto is playing Perkins

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tab Hunter, LGBT icon and 50's matinee star has died.  He was most famous for being the lead in Damn Yankees

He was 86. 

When I saw him a couple years ago (when Tab Hunter Confidential came out, he did a Q & A out here), he literally seemed 20 years younger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Carlisle, a Hollywood actress who enjoyed popularity in the 1930s as a wholesome ingenue in musical comedies opposite singer Bing Crosby, died Aug. 1 at a retirement community for actors in the Woodland Hills section of Los Angeles

Allegedly passed away at age 104