DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2018

odessasteps

• 2 weeks later...

In high school, a friend and I got to perform the linguini scene from The Odd Couple at a showcase event. I played Oscar, and it's still one of my fondest memories from school. 

Also, my Senior year I worked at an old classic movie theater that only showed one movie, two shows a night , with a matinee on Saturday and Sunday afternoons at two. If you were an usher, you had to go sit in the back to keep an eye on the crowd. So you would get pretty sick of any film that was a hit. Biloxi Blues was a hit and ran there for awhile, but I never got tired of it.

After it's run we got a one week run from what I think was Seagal's first movie. It came in with a lot of hype and merchandise to give away, but nobody came. So they brought back Biloxi Blues for another week or two, and I still never got tired of it.

RIP Neil Simon.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

In high school, a friend and I got to perform the linguini scene from The Odd Couple at a showcase event.

Lol. Yeah, me too! I think Neil Simon and Tennessee Williams were pretty much the go to playwrights for drama kids. And everyone should checkout the film version of THE GOODBYE GIRL. It is an under appreciated classic.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 4:30 PM, odessasteps said:

RIP Jacqueline Pearce, British actress known for Hammer films and TV roles including on Doctor Who and a villain on Blakes 7. 

I somehow missed this announcement.

She was great in the Hammer films Plague of the Zombies and The Reptile, but her best known work was as Servalan in Blake's 7.

R.I.P.

• Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, odessasteps said:

RIP Jacqueline Pearce, British actress known for Hammer films and TV roles including on Doctor Who and a villain on Blakes 7. 

I attribute my fondness for batshit insane women and women with short hair to the gigantic crush I had on Servalan when I was a kid.  She fit all of the criteria.

I was happy when the creators of the Syfy show, Farscape, thinly admitted that Servalan was the blueprint for their villain, Mele-On Grayza.

RIP, Jacqueline Pearce. :(