DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2018

odessasteps

Actor and musician Mickey Jones has died at 76.

Played drums for Bob Dylan, Johnny Rivers and Kenny Rogers before becoming one of the more familiar "that guy with that face" character actors in the 80s and 90s. You may not remember his name, but you will recall his face and look ...

On 2/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, colonial said:

Actor and musician Mickey Jones has died at 76.

Played drums for Bob Dylan, Johnny Rivers and Kenny Rogers before becoming one of the more familiar "that guy with that face" character actors in the 80s and 90s. You may not remember his name, but you will recall his face and look ...

My favorite role of his isn't even in the video. When he was Ham Tyler's (Michael Ironside) sidekick on V.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Reg E Cathey,  known for roles on Square One, The Wire, Oz, and House of Cards has died at age 60 after a battle with cancer.

I always - ALWAYS - thought of him from Square One

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Authorities in Dubai say they have determined the death of Indian superstar Sridevi was the result of drowning in her hotel bathtub following a loss of consciousness. When the actress passed away in Dubai on Saturday, initial reports said the cause of death was cardiac arrest. The case has now been transferred to Dubai Public Prosecution “which will carry out regular legal procedures followed in such cases,” Dubai Police said via its Twitter account on Monday afternoon local time. 

Known simply as Sridevi to her legions of fans, the actress was 54 at the time of her death and was in Dubai with her family to attend a wedding. Her passing was followed by an eruption of mourning, and today’s news has sparked feverish speculation over the circumstances. A document purported to be a forensic report has made the rounds with the cause of death listed as “accidental drawning [sic].”

Sridevi featured in almost 300 films, including classics Mr India, Chandni, ChaalBaaz and Sadma. She briefly retired from the film industry in 1997 following the release of Judaai, but made a triumphant return in 2012’s English Vinglish. Part of her appeal was that she crossed over in the Tamil, Telugu, Malaylam, Kannada and Hindi languages, and was considered one of the few Indian females capable of huge box office without a male hero.

The Indian government awarded her the Padma Shri, its fourth-highest civilian honor, in 2013.

Preparations are underway in Mumbai for Sridevi’s funeral once her body is repatriated from Dubai.

Film producer and executive Benjamin Melniker has died at 104.

His 80-year career in the industry started at MGM, where he negotiated the rights to such films as Ben-Hur, 2001, and many of the great MGM musicals.

In 1979, he and Michael Uslan bought the movie rights to all things Batman. Pretty much all Batman live-action and animated films released over the last 30 years carry a Melniker producer credit.

He also worked on the film versions of "Swamp Thing" and "Constantine".

Not all of his films had the magic touch. His first EP credit was the MST3K classic "Mitchell".

http://deadline.com/2018/02/benjamin-melniker-dead-batman-mgm-exec-1202305005/

• Like 4

To this day i still haven't mastered how to enter a room and greet everyone just by saying "Gentlemen!" the way he did. It always comes off forced and phony when I do it.

In fact he could say like five different sentences just by saying that word.

"Gentlemen!" - Greetings everyone

"Gentlemen." - Hold on a second and let's be reasonable.

"Gentlemen!" - Thank you I knew I could count on you guys

"Gentlemen?" - Did everyone get the notes I sent you and have you all rehearsed your parts? Good, then let's proceed with the rehearsal.

"Gentlemen." - I need to use the bathroom urgently. Please, do excuse me and I'm sorry for the noises you are about to hear

• Like 2