DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

If you were going to pull this shit anyway, why not trade the guy at the deadline when you were 1-6? Let the guy have some dignity, maybe get something for him. But this, this is stupid.

Like Craig said, I could see wanting to get a look at Davis Webb. But Geno Smith is fucking awful, is on a one-year deal, and is also fucking awful.

Man, I'm not a Giants fan or anything, but this pisses me off, even.

• Like 3

Francesa hasn't been in good in nearly 20 years but that was some of the fog lifted for just one final moment and he left every little bit he had left out there and it was amazing

• Like 3

Mother fucking NYG fans kill me.

Every season they are all GODDAMIT, BENCH ELI UNTIL HE LEARNS TO STOP THROWING PICKS~!! and then when it actually happens they are all BEN MCADOO YOU HEARTLESS SHEEP FUCKER, HOW COULD YOU~??

• Like 3

Why wait for the end of the season?

I mean, using McAdoo's logic, if Geno Smith gives the Giants a better chance of winning right now, I'm sure an assistant coach who the team actually respects gives them a better chance to save this 1-9 season.

Man ... I can't believe I'm outraged for the Giants but here we are.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CSC said:

Why wait for the end of the season?

For the Giants, the end of the season was like Week Eight.

In defense of Giants fans, If Ben were fucking up royally and Tomlin was like, "I'd like to see what Landry Jones can do with the ball," I'd fucking call for Tomlin to be pushed into moving traffic while strapped to a flaming wheelchair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My boo just called me at work.  I could tell we were about to talk about Eli's benching, when the conversation started off with DID YOU HEAR WHAT THIS PIG EYED SACK OF SHIT BEN MCADOO JUST DID~?

Does she kiss her granddaughter with that mouth?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

In defense of Giants fans, If Ben were fucking up royally and Tomlin was like, "I'd like to see what Landry Jones can do with the ball," I'd fucking call for Tomlin to be pushed into moving traffic while strapped to a flaming wheelchair.

.  Shit, Ron Rivera benched Cam Newton for Derek Anderson last season for one play for a totally justified team violation and I was searching the garage for pitchforks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CSC said:

Shit, Ron Rivera benched Cam Newton for Derek Anderson last season for one play for a totally justified team violation and I was searching the garage for pitchforks. 

To say that our own beloved JL Sigman's behavior was uncharacteristically unladylike following that call would be the understatement of the century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When the Giants somehow, someway managed to defeat the Patriots in Superbowl 42 and ruin their perfect season, as a fan I promised on the spot that I would not say anything bad about them for a decade afterwards.  For the past nine years and nearly ten months I have pretty much done that, even when things went poorly (and when they sometimes didn't, they actually won a second ring somehow), even when Eli had one of his games and threw some crippling INTs I kept my word.  If there was a bad play or performance I would say so, but I have always been thankful enough for what we got that I would leave it at that.

For the first time in this almost complete decade I am pushed to the point where I want to break my word.  I will say that there are ways to do what they did while still being respectful and professional to a man who won you two rings, and who outplayed arguably the greatest QB in history in both of those games.  That they did not do so reflects poorly on all involved.

• Like 1

It's entirely possible we will look back in 10 years of hindsight and conclude Tom Coughlin was one of the smartest football men of all time to not only win with the New York Giants (who quite frankly this season look like a shitbum organization on Cleveland's level), but win a couple superbowls for laughs.

I don't think this goes over nearly so badly if it Webb instead of Geno.

Eli is one of the most interesting guys though. He won two rings and put up massive plays doing it, but overall he's mostly been a slightly above average starter. But those rings... And his personality, to be fair..... Have endeared him to the Giants fanbase to an extreme degree.

Plus... Geno Smith really? Fucking really?