DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Mike McCarthy is on some people's list as he perpetually is. Damn Vikings fan, Drew Magary, but it's possible, but highly unlikely. If anyone is canned it's the DC and maybe the GM.

Which would make this about the tenth season in a row that Dom Capers was allegedly going to be fired, I think.

I assumed that the main reason for Gronk's one game is because the Steelers game in 2 weeks is a primetime game.  It isn't now but I would guess we are flex schedule mode

Not that I assuming that they did it because they were fucking with the Steelers.  I mean chances are about 80% of chris Hogan's offense last year would have gone to Gronk anyway so no serious advantage not having him

This game has been has been as thuggish and dirty as expected from a Steelers vs Bengals game.  Now Burfict is being carted out on a completely dirty shot on Ju Ju complete with a taunting penalty added.  Probably won't be seeing him for a couple games.  

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

This game has been has been as thuggish and dirty as expected from a Steelers vs Bengals game.  Now Burfict is being carted out on a completely dirty shot on Ju Ju complete with a taunting penalty added.  Probably won't be seeing him for a couple games.  

If JuJu gets fined or suspended the Bengals DB who hit Brown on the TD should also be fined and suspended. 

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Steelers and Bengals seem incapable of not playing a game that is an embarrassment to the league in some way, these days.

It is even more painful to watch if you are a Steelers fan because our best defensive guy is out of commission AND WE FUCKING PLAY THE RAVENS ON SUNDAY~! 

And we're fucking 10-2, so we can't be dropping quality guys before the Playoffs!  How shortsighted can you be, guys??

I am torn though.  I hate seeing guys get injured, but part of me still things that Vontaze Burfict had it coming for taking out Antonio Brown last year.  I am a horrible person for thinking that... maybe...

If Juju gets suspended for a game when he threw a legitimate block, I'll spend the rest of my life wondering how Gronk only got one game for one of the biggest cheap shots of all time.  For comparisons sake, Albert Haynesworth got 5 games for stepping on a guys head, which was fucked up, but not nearly as bad as Gronk's hit.  Gronk, who is 265 lbs. ran and launched himself at the back of a prone player's head.  The player couldn't have seen him coming, couldn't have done anything to protect himself, and was concussed. Andre Gorode had a cut on his head. 

• Like 1

As a Bengals fan I just want this team fumigated. They are an infinitely bigger embarrassment to the sport than those awful Dave Shula-Bruce Coslet-Dick Lebeau teams. Those teams were bad but weren't filled with dirty unlikable filth who are impossible to root for.

22 minutes ago, sabremike said:

As a Bengals fan I just want this team fumigated. They are an infinitely bigger embarrassment to the sport than those awful Dave Shula-Bruce Coslet-Dick Lebeau teams. Those teams were bad but weren't filled with dirty unlikable filth who are impossible to root for.

Am I the only one who kind of roots for Pacman Jones?  I know he's crazy, and probably criminal, but that dude is a legit hall of fame talent who could never get out of his own way.  He reminds me too much of some of the guys I grew up with to root against him.  He's from one of those places where you can't back down from anything, and that mentality has been his biggest gift and curse.  The crazy thing is until whatever that craziness was in January, which still looks like something that was escalated by involving police in something that wasn't actually criminal, it had been almost a decade since he'd been in any trouble.  

• Like 1