DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 4

Dolfan in NYC

So Ohio U's marching band did this:

If you don't know what they're covering:

(Yes, this post was an excuse to post this video.)

This is going to be a blowout (or massive upset weekend), with the exception of Party U-Stanford no ranked teams face each other.

I am not a fan of Deadspin, but they did post something relevant to this thread just a few hours ago:

At least in 2011, Bo Pellini likes to use the word "fuck" a lot and he also likes to curse out the Cornhusker fanbase if he thinks they're fair-weather fans. Of course not within their earshot but he likes to curse them out anyway by saying such things as "Fuck you, fans. Fuck all of you."

I could see Tennessee over Florida and Michigan St over ND as upsets. I was hoping NC St would put the upset on Clemson Thursday night but they struggled mightily with Richmond a couple weeks ago so I don't think the Wolfpack have a big upset in them. There are a couple of matchups that have potential to be fun like LSU/Auburn and Utah/BYU.

Bad week of football.

"This was an unusual situation to end the game," said Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott. “After a thorough review, we have determined that the officials fell short of the high standard in which Pac-12 games should be managed. We will continue to work with all our officials to ensure this type of situation never occurs again. Wink wink."

Didn't have a dog in the fight between BYU vs Utah but after this I have hope the Utes get the crap beat out of them:

http://deadspin.com/this-is-the-photo-that-got-a-byu-football-player-suspen-1356566456@tcraggs22

The Utah fan is #1 on the "Oh, FUCK THAT DUDE" list.  What a sniveling little d-bag.  He is so the classmate who finks when other students go to the break room for a soda while the teacher is out of the class.

Well, hey, they didn't want Mario Cristobal anymore, either.

Maybe I'm just a heel but I do get enjoyment when athletic departments do stupid shit and they end up looking bad in the following few years. I mean, I still laugh when Boston College does not do well in the ACC and they pointlessly left the Big East years ago. Anyhow, what an awful decision to fire him and I am glad they are currently losing 655-0 to Louisville.

Sheesh. There hasn't been a beating this bad at a Florida A&M road game since........ahem *nervously tugs at collar*Hey, all I'm saying is you can't spell "Columbus" with Bus C.

Harsh, but I am definitely not a fan of meathead things such as hazing. I have no idea why the Buckeyes would schedule such a bad I-AA team. No surprise they are down 69-0 (heh).

I have no emotion besides shock that Georgia is going life and death with North Texas early in the 3rd quarter. Them being tied at 21 is befuddling.

Well, hey, they didn't want Mario Cristobal anymore, either.

Maybe I'm just a heel but I do get enjoyment when athletic departments do stupid shit and they end up looking bad in the following few years. I mean, I still laugh when Boston College does not do well in the ACC and they pointlessly left the Big East years ago. Anyhow, what an awful decision to fire him and I am glad they are currently losing 655-0 to Louisville.

Every time I see someone go on a moralistic rant about coaches walking away for more money and better facilities, etc etc and it being a betrayal of their contract and blah blah blah, I just want to send a link to Cristobal's wiki.  Turned down bigger money at better programs to stick it out at FIU, got fired after one down season, with zero loyalty to his contract. 

The fact that FIU's program has collapsed is just gravy.