DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 4

Dolfan in NYC

You know you're a bum when they don't even get the cart for you and make you crutch your own ass all the way to the locker room.

This gets better. If something happens to Murphy, next man up is Marty Morningweg's kid , who has a stripper name. Seriously.

This is hideous football. Almost makes me wish Jeff Driskel would come back. Except then I'd be back to having to see his WHOLE ASS through his pants again. Thank God for that one double-stitched strip down the middle.

The word is "compression shorts," bro.

Well, hey, they didn't want Mario Cristobal anymore, either.

Maybe I'm just a heel but I do get enjoyment when athletic departments do stupid shit and they end up looking bad in the following few years. I mean, I still laugh when Boston College does not do well in the ACC and they pointlessly left the Big East years ago. Anyhow, what an awful decision to fire him and I am glad they are currently losing 655-0 to Louisville.
Every time I see someone go on a moralistic rant about coaches walking away for more money and better facilities, etc etc and it being a betrayal of their contract and blah blah blah, I just want to send a link to Cristobal's wiki. Turned down bigger money at better programs to stick it out at FIU, got fired after one down season, with zero loyalty to his contract. The fact that FIU's program has collapsed is just gravy.
When FIU fires Pete Garcia I'll start taking those postcards I get every four months seriously again.

Having just returned from Kansas' 13-10 victory over Louisiana Tech, I assure you there are levels of football hell far deeper than Tennessee/Florida. And I have season tickets to precisely that most horrid circle.

Ā 

I'm just going to stare at this picture until I feel like life has meaning again.

Posted Image

What the hell is going on with West Virginia? Down 30-0 to Maryland? Who knew Geno Smith was the glue holding them together.

Yeah, WVU's offensive meltdown this season has been alarming. Sure, they lost key guys in Smith, Austin, and Bailey, but Holgerson is supposed to be an offensive genius AND this is Year 3 for him, which is ample time for him to have developed somebody who can make some plays.It's definitely not a good indicator for a coach's long term success when his team starts sucking on the side of the ball he specializes in. (See also: Pelini, Bo.)