DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

When do we realize that the problem in Cleveland is LeBron, not IT? No practice and you have the second worst defensive rating with a PG returning from hip surgery?

There was an article a few days ago that said his former Heat teammates know he is gone at the end of the season because he is acting the exact same way as he did in his last year with the Heat.

In retrospect, I find it funny that Lakers were playing the Thunder and they were BARELY the favorites with Anthony and Westbrook out. Lakers kill OKC after Paul George destroys them in the 1st Q, and doesn't do jackshit after....hmmmm....

LeBron and Paul might be a reality after all.  

9 hours ago, Contentious C said:

One of the best quotes so far I found in 538's take on the trades, citing a rumor about bringing in Kendrick Perkins to "improve locker room chemistry". I didn't know stink eye and laziness were such positives. 

There's a saying - "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."  It says a lot if you're bringing in Perkins to improve the tone of the locker room.  If that doesn't work, maybe they can sign Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens for next season.

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

There's a saying - "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." 

Even if that eye is a lazy eye, and the Perk's eye was most certainly that; possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would put him in the running for Laziest Worldwide.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Iso Joe back with D'Antoni yep.   Also,   IT  did come off the bench for the Lakers tonight.  He had 22 points and 6 assists.  Cavs might look really dumb in a couple weeks. 

Even if IT gets right, the fit with LeBron was questionable at best, and he had badly ostracised himself from the locker room. And they desperately needed even league average defense at the point, which he could never provide.

I feel really bad for him though. I wish he had gotten that shot and broken out a few years earlier, before the injury and the fact that really small players almost always age poorly could be a major issue in him getting one big contract.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Iso Joe back with D'Antoni yep.   Also,   IT  did come off the bench for the Lakers tonight.  He had 22 points and 6 assists.  Cavs might look really dumb in a couple weeks. 

They already do.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Even if IT gets right, the fit with LeBron was questionable at best, and he had badly ostracised himself from the locker room. And they desperately needed even league average defense at the point, which he could never provide.

I feel really bad for him though. I wish he had gotten that shot and broken out a few years earlier, before the injury and the fact that really small players almost always age poorly could be a major issue in him getting one big contract.

When you don't practice and have a new PG come in during the middle of the season it spells trouble.  LeBron could have headed this off but he is going to free agency after the season and could care less about Cleveland.  

30 minutes ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

So, about that "LeBron feeling dumb" thing...

Clarkson and Hood are streaky players. Nobody expects anyone but Cleveland to come out of the east this year.  Two of Boston's top 5 are 21-years old and under.  It's the finals everyone is looking at and call me crazy,   I don't think Hood and Clarkson are the answer to Golden State.  

Ruh roh...,

Thing is. They are all streaky players no doubt, but hill and nance are such clear upgrades on defense that it looks like Lebron is gonna try hard again on that end.

A happy Lebron is really bad news for the East.

That was a statement game. Lebron wasn't gonna let Paul have his night. He was staring down the old celtics crew court side throughout the game