DVDVR Message Board

RAW is fuck you Brooklyn. - 8/21/2017

Rev Ray

Sasha was receiving residual boos. For some reason the crowd first turned on Bayley and are now turning their attention to her as well but this is at the end of the day a traveling crowd of the biggest dipshits in wrestling fandom. When I was in Boston last week Sasha was very over (yes, hometown crowd but still she's over in most towns.).  

Think about it.  These are the same people who bitch about their indy favorites in the CW division not getting a chance to shine but what did they do when the cruisers were out there? Nothing but tryto get themselves over with the wave and batting around beach balls.  These people are corny as fuck.  

I used to think Vince and creative were the problem and they are a very big problem but fans like these are just as bad. They've ruined wrestling more than Vince ever has. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Think about it.  These are the same people who bitch about their indy favorites in the CW division not getting a chance to shine but what did they do when the cruisers were out there? Nothing but tryto get themselves over with the wave and batting around beach balls.  These people are corny as fuck.  

I think that phenomenon is also glaring with Balor. (Maybe moreso, because he's positioned, sometimes, as a main event guy.) The audiences most likely to complain he's under/ill-used habitually go to sleep the second his entrance is over. 

Yes, I agree with that also.  Balor is not my favorite guy in the world but he's pretty over with the casual wresting audience. He used to be a guy that these traveling morons would complain about but now they couldn't care less about him and I compare that to rock bands who suddenly get popular.  Fuck that rock band for their success they were OURS and now everyone knows who they are..   

This Cass injury gives them an out with the breakup, though. Have Cass come back like "Zo, I thought about it. I was in the wrong. Sorry." Neither one is anything without the other. You get them back on track this way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beech27 said:

I think that phenomenon is also glaring with Balor. (Maybe moreso, because he's positioned, sometimes, as a main event guy.) The audiences most likely to complain he's under/ill-used habitually go to sleep the second his entrance is over. 

Certain fans claim to love guys like Balor and Rollins, but complained about how the Universal title's appearance more than they watched the actual match between these two. It's the classic "Give me what I want, then I won't want it anymore" okie-doke.

That belt did look shitty. I mean really shitty. Showing it before the ppv would have partially prevented that. 

I think some of it comes from running the same big market every year and running big markets in general. Running the same city every year feels very WCW. 

18 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Vince can't help himself.  Give him the most talented smaller guy in the world and a mediocre big guy and he'll take the shitty hoss every single time.

As someone who stopped watching WWE and only keeps up with it via podcasts and this forum for schadenfreude reasons, it does my heart good to see them step on their own dicks over and over again.  Jesus Christ Himself could return and express an interest in pro wrestling, and Vince would have Him going 50/50 with Bray Wyatt in a month and wondering why the Son of God was so overrated and can't get over on the big stage.

Tremendous, @Technico Support!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

But I don't remember WCW crowds not being fully engaged in good matches. These crowds are the people who say they want wrestling but then you see WWE giving them good matches and they still just want to get themselves over. 

I meant more running the same building every year. 

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

But I don't remember WCW crowds not being fully engaged in good matches. These crowds are the people who say they want wrestling but then you see WWE giving them good matches and they still just want to get themselves over. 

I think that's more of a generational thing honestly. If the internet was as expansive then as it is now, that "sub-culture" mentality would be far more widespread. Hell, you could see the beginnings of it with ECW.

I doubt we'll see any change on this front because of the money involved, but 15+ straight hours of wrestling in one building isn't good for the product.

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

I think that's more of a generational thing honestly. If the internet was as expansive then as it is now, that "sub-culture" mentality would be far more widespread. Hell, you could see the beginnings of it with ECW.

I doubt we'll see any change on this front because of the money involved, but 15+ straight hours of wrestling in one building isn't good for the product.

I know what you mean but even with ECW I feel like those crowds were fully engaged, the chants were directed at the ring. These days it's everything but what's going on in the ring and some of that is on creative but good matched are also being mostly ignored.

I agree with your main point. I've been pretty tolerant of WM weekend crowds since that became a thing, but trying to capture that same vibe 3-4 times a year is just awful for continuity.

I will say the crowd was really good for Takeover and Summer Slam, but running Raw and SD in the same building is terrible because the crowd has been conditioned to think Raw is the time to make things all about themselves. Again, I get why they don't do this for financial reasons, but they really should have Raw somewhere like Buffalo or Pittsburgh--Far enough away to discourage the Summer Slam out-of-towners from following the tour and getting mostly a fresh, local crowd.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:37 PM, just drew said:

This Cass injury gives them an out with the breakup, though. Have Cass come back like "Zo, I thought about it. I was in the wrong. Sorry." Neither one is anything without the other. You get them back on track this way.

They could even come up with a perfect reason: Cass reveals when he comes back that despite all he did to him, Enzo was the one guy who checked in on him after the injury.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

They could even come up with a perfect reason: Cass reveals when he comes back that despite all he did to him, Enzo was the one guy who checked in on him after the injury.

And announce that Enzo will now be managing  Big Cass and will never wrestle again. I mean, either way they'll be selling me chicken in a few weeks, but at least they could try, right?

9 hours ago, piranesi said:

And announce that Enzo will now be managing  Big Cass and will never wrestle again. I mean, either way they'll be selling me chicken in a few weeks, but at least they could try, right?

Actually if they left the business and opened up a Popeyes they would be smarter than just about everyone. Selling chicken wouldn't leave them crippled and broke having to hustle 8-10's at flea markets to try and make a living. And also the fact that Popeyes is amazing and possibly the greatest thing on earth.

• Like 5