DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

They usually play the Pats fairly tough one game(not saying they will win it, but its usually fairly close) and get blown out the 2nd game. I'm more down on them than usual, just with the tough schedule and all. Not that I am giving up, but the last few years it felt like they were close to breaking through, and didn't, so I'm more guarded. But that probably means they'll be better, just to spite me, and my can't afford the NFL package this year ass. It will be nice to have head coach who's not high on bath salts and trying to resurrect his dipshit brother rep though.(you mean he wasn't high when he decided to do that?) That and having a semi-competent backup will be nice. . . .

36 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I mean, they have four games against the Jets and Dolphins so without even looking at their schedule I know they have four games they should win.

To be fair - those 4 games are the easiest on their schedule

After that - it depends on your opinion of the Saints

I would have included the Chargers too but that game is in LA

Since they play the Colts super late in the season - one would assume Luck is fully healthy then but who knows.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - those 4 games are the easiest on their schedule

After that - it depends on your opinion of the Saints

I would have included the Chargers too but that game is in LA

Since they play the Colts super late in the season - one would assume Luck is fully healthy then but who knows.

I think part of it is people remembering teams great in the past that aren't great anymore. I mean the Panthers were 6-10 last year, no reason to think they are better than the Bills. Denver was 9-7 and have no QB. Saints as mentioned.  Cincy was 6-9-1 last year and the Bills beat them. Chargers were 5-11. There are several very winnable games on their schedule, doesn't mean they will win them all of course but winning eight total should be perfectly do-able unless there are key injuries.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure when the Bengals and Bills met again this year, AJ Green will get hurt on the first play and the Bengals kicker will miss 2 XPs again

As a Bengals fan I can say with certainty that is exactly what is going to happen. And Marvin Lewis will keep his job as well.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Skins/Ravens game is on three different fucking stations

I think that is a sign to go to bed

Excuse me - FOUR stations

I'm not one to put too much stock into preseason games, but the rookie Peterman has looked 90% better than Yates. I am sure both will still make the team since all teams keep 3 QBs but its encouraging he isn't completely incompetent since Yates looked actively bad.

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I imagine they will give him every opportunity to be the backup. . . .look on the bright side, at least the human shitburger EJ is no longer on the team.

It's the Bills, with your luck he'll be starting by week 4 after trading someone to the Raiders.

12 hours ago, APO said:

Twitter is saying it's a torn ACL.

Adam Gase has given the non-denial denial about McMillan. ("You must have better sources than I do.") 

Which of course means, McMillan's season is over.  Oy.  At least Carroo looked good. 

giphy.gif

This just in: Adam Gase has a torn ACL and is out for the season.
Source: Myself in my head and this post right now. That's corroboration!

On 8/8/2017 at 9:08 AM, JLSigman said:

Reminds me of this classic:

CKtUU81WwAAhSkP.png

I'm not sure I think Kaepernick is much of an improvement over Cutler, skillwise.  He might be, but Kaepernick probably isn't one of the top 20 QB's in the league these days.  The talking heads seem to be ranking him around 25-30.  Probably deserves a shot someone but I could say the same about Cutler 

(That said, Kaepernick at least doesn't give off the impression he'd rather not play football this fall.)