DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its not funny but I had to laugh when I read one of the Bills players (backup corner) was seen in a walking boot and crutches and was "day to day". Only in the NFL can a walking boot + crutches mean you are day to day. I guess it was just a strain then or something, without injury reports they don't really have to give accurate assessments or time frames to the media.

Some Hockey Players are giving you a toothless look. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its not funny but I had to laugh when I read one of the Bills players (backup corner) was seen in a walking boot and crutches and was "day to day".

My friend sprained his ankle a couple weeks ago, and the doctor put him in a boot and told him it would be 6-8 weeks, before he could run.  In high school, we would just get taped up and come back to practice if we sprained an ankle.  I was looking at him like, "6-8 weeks?  For a sprained ankle?"  I always thought it was an extremely painful injury, not a go somewhere and sit down kind of injury.  

It honestly depends how bad you sprain it. If it's just a small sprain, then yes, tape it up and play is an option. I sprained an ankle once and stretched out all the ligaments, and could not fit my foot into a shoe the next day. Took four weeks of physio and an ankle brace before I was allowed back out to play any sport.

6 hours ago, Dewar said:

It honestly depends how bad you sprain it. If it's just a small sprain, then yes, tape it up and play is an option. I sprained an ankle once and stretched out all the ligaments, and could not fit my foot into a shoe the next day. Took four weeks of physio and an ankle brace before I was allowed back out to play any sport.

Yeah, there's different grades.  The worst sprains are actually ligament tears - not exactly something you can just play through.

Okay - I know everyone is tired of the Kaep not being signed stuff

But the Fins specifically recruited a guy who wasn't going play for anyone else who had his best year under the current HC. It was pretty much Cutler or sticking with Matt Moore.

This isn't like the Ravens who are going out of there way to tell us they aren't signing him because of his politics.

This all being said... it is good to know that Cutler still looks like he wants to be anywhere other than a football field

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

The way this really plays out is Jay plays well, gets extended, and then gets hurt and/or starts playing like shit.

This was supposedly said as a joke, but as someone in the replies pointed out, it's really not a joke Jay can make. ;-)

tumblr_mcbjycEz681rnmmtzo1_500.gif

Gase has said that Cutler will not play on Thursday for the pre-season opener vs. Atlanta. 

Also, the Jaguars have apparently told Braden Albert that his services will not be required. 

Don't worry, the Bears are still worse. No other team can claim that their QB depth chart is a space alien, followed by Butt Fumble, followed by a dude other GMs laughed at the Bears for trading up to grab. So that's all neat.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, at least I'm not a Jets fan. 

"NFL Franchise Tries to Overcome Challenge of Having a Mildly Retarded Quarterback" is the best Onion Sports article title that hasn't been used yet.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Don't worry, the Bears are still worse. No other team can claim that their QB depth chart is a space alien, followed by Butt Fumble, followed by a dude other GMs laughed at the Bears for trading up to grab. So that's all neat.

But the Jags have an Interception Machine starting, a guy who can't get the ball past the line of scrimmage, and someone I assume is not a real person.

Panthers and Texans tonight!!!

Can't wait to see Watson out there. Hopefully he's so awesome there's no choice but to start him!

Not sure how much Watt and Clowney are gonna play together, but if they do, I'm gonna assume that's why Cam is taking the night off. Healthy Watt and Clowney (and Mercilus) = doom.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, which I'll accept, I'm actually putting money into my betting account for the sole purpose of going "over" on the Bills win over/under of 6 wins this season. Its a  low number, I mean the Bills won 7 last year with intentionally throwing the last game (playing EJ and Jones) and having a coach that led them to be one of the worst defenses in the league. If anything the team slightly upgraded their roster this year and the new coach seems to be implementing a much better system to the shock of no one. Tyrod/McCoy/Watkins/Boldin/Clay is a damn good Top 5, the offense is going to score some points.

Now I am not saying the Bills are a playoff team, they'll have to prove that on the field and obviously it would take a good bit of proving at this point. But I dunno how Vegas thinks the Bills will somehow be worse this year, especially with the Jets intentionally tanking (no offense to Jets fans, but they are intentionally tanking) and the Dolphins having fucking Cutler so the Bills should at least split that series. Generally speaking I think its healthy to go into the season optimistic, otherwise what's the point, but I think if the same roster was on another team people would be more bullish on them. Vegas is likely subtracting 2 games just because its the Bills but the Bills haven't won under 6 games since 2010. So just a friendly betting tip in case anyone else gambles like me ;) Looking forward to seeing how the first string does tonight.

• Like 1