DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

Sammy's made of sugar glass though. Plus the Bills pick up a 2nd and 3rd in next years draft if I read those correctly. Don't love the trades, but don't hate them either. . . .frankly I hate giving up Darby more than Watkins. This puts a cap on Doug Whaley's shit show, where he traded a 1st for the right to take Watkins, where if he had stayed were they were, they could have had Kahil Mack or ODB. . . .

The Bills' decision to trade their top receiver and top cornerback for future draft picks signals that first-year general manager Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott view the Bills as a long-term rebuilding project.

Buffalo now owns two selections in the first, second and third rounds of the 2018 draft. The Bills previously acquired the Kansas City Chiefs' first-round pick in trading down during the 2017 draft to select cornerback Tre'Davious White at No. 27.

And then there is this...

Despite the production, the Eagles never got serious about working out a contract extension with Matthews, who is in the final year of his rookie deal. Executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman has a history of re-upping homegrown players early if they have been identified as part of the core. It was telling that he chose not to aggressively pursue a new contract with Matthews.

Part of the issue is that Matthews' value is difficult to gauge. His numbers suggest he's deserving of something in the range of Kenny Stills (four years, $32 million) or Tavon Austin (four years, $42 million money). The counter would be that Matthews is a slot receiver -- not an exceptionally explosive one relative to some others out there -- and paying big money for a player who might end up being the team's third receiving option doesn't make sense, especially if they want to extend Alshon Jeffery beyond this year.

There is also a knee injury to consider. Matthews has struggled to get right since sustaining what was described as a bone bruise last August on a low hit during training camp. One ailment after the next has crept up in the months since. He is currently dealing with knee tendinitis, which kept him from practicing for a good portion of the spring. A recent report suggested some team employees believe Matthews could have practiced more but allowed his contract status to influence his decision-making, a charge that the Matthews strongly denied.

Not when my team is literally falling apart!   And I blame @hammerva (and thusly, you) for not linking a tweet.  

Also, Cowboys reddit is eating themselves with conspiracy theories, they are convinced that the Maras directly ordered this suspension. 

• Haha 1

I'm not even sure how to react to the Bills trades since its impossible to know how trades with draft picks will work out in the long run. Definitely surprised of course but the Bills have functioned without a healthy Watkins for the bulk of his career, so while I really like him he never reached his potential. Course he probably will this year now.

Next year the Bills have two first round draft picks, two second round draft picks, and two third round draft picks. If they can draft smart, they are setting themselves well for the future, just hope it wasn't at too much of an expense of this year since they still have some good weapons and still won't be push-overs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bucs part ways with Roberto Aguayo

Final straw was him missing an Extra Point and FG in the first preseason game

What's the record for quickest release of a non-injured first or second round draft pick? This has to be up there somewhere. Players almost always get at least two years to show something if they are drafted that high.

Marshawn Lynch decided to sit during the national anthem.   He claims he has done it many times although it isn't really proven.    Man I can't wait to see the same people who went after Kaepernick trying to go after him.     Not going to be pretty

On 8/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

What's the record for quickest release of a non-injured first or second round draft pick? This has to be up there somewhere. Players almost always get at least two years to show something if they are drafted that high.

John Lee the UCLA kicker drafted by the Cardinals years ago got canned at the same time.  

Guess who I am not drafting this year in FFL. I had him last year and it was just a constant "will he or won't he" all season (although statistically he still had a really good season). If I was a Colts fan I'd be pretty damn concerned about Luck, something is clearly still wrong.