DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you were planning to draft Jordan Matthews in the first place, you already lost. But this injury shouldn't really impact him, no surgery required, mostly pain tolerance. May just take him an extra week or two to get into the groove of things from missed reps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Guess who I am not drafting this year in FFL. I had him last year and it was just a constant "will he or won't he" all season (although statistically he still had a really good season). If I was a Colts fan I'd be pretty damn concerned about Luck, something is clearly still wrong.

My idiot nephew drafted Luck as his starter and Aaron Rodgers's backup as his backup. I told him I hope he enjoys last place. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't you want to draft a backup on a team where the QB is more than certainly going to be switched out. Aaron can get hurt, but it's a lot less likely than MITCH TRUBISKY~! starting by week 3.

Lucky Whitehead must have killed a hobo or something that we don't know about to deserve all the bad luck that has been going his way

He broke his foot in practice

Bills offense bad, Bills defense good. Maybe the defense being a dumpster fire last year really was just The Ryan Effect. I kinda feel for Tyrod, he was an average passer in the first place, now he has all different wide receivers (literally) than last year.  None of which are true #1/outside receivers. Really hope they figure out a playbook that doesn't depend on a lot of long/outside passes.

Preseason Hot Take: Nathan Peterman is already a better pure passer than Tyrod Taylor is.  Some things you can't teach, just about the perfect pass with no timeouts left:

I'm not saying he is a better QB right now,  he still has to learn the playbook, get used to NFL defenses, etc. etc. but in what we've seen so far he has thrown some passes that Tyrod has always struggled with. Not advocating he should take over as the starter, but he is showing some early promise.

People assume (probably correctly) that the Bills were stockpiling picks in 2018 so that they can trade up to get any QB they wanted. It would be a huge win if they figure out that Peterman can be that QB and use all those picks for other things. Cautiously optimistic.

Blake Bortles sucks so bad that Doug Marrone has announced that the Jags QB job is up for grabs

Probably should have figured that out during the offseason since it is either Bortles or Chad Henne but there ya go

Didn't know that Victor Cruz was playing for the Bears this year.  Scored a  TD against Broncos.  

I don't know if it is because Mike Glennon is just an awful QB or the backups that Trubinsky is playing against are so weak but the #1 QB should be obvious for the Bears and it definitely isn't Mike Glennon.    

If the 'leaked' details are true, which sounds possible, Le'veon Bell is crazy. If he turned down 12 million a year, I have no idea what he thinks he is going to get in 2018 since 12 million is already 4 million more than any other RB and most teams believe in incremental increases. Don't get me wrong, Bell is fantastic, but RB values have dropped so much the last few years as most teams use a tandem now and the success of the RB is usually based more on the offensive line than anything else.

I know he said he wants to 'reset the market' but it doesn't work that way, he's probably the best right now but teams aren't going to suddenly start paying RBs that much more since having two running backs is a system that has worked for so many teams. There may be a desperate team willing to pay him more than that, but I just don't see it happening, especially with his injury and suspension history as he has only averaged about 1,000 yards a year the last four years since for various reasons he hasn't been on the field.

The WR class will be the big story next offseason, but I'll be curious to see what happens with Bell as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Anquan Boldin has told the Bills that he is retiring

Its possible he went through a few weeks of training and decided he didn't want to do it anymore, if he still wanted to play and just didn't like the Bills new direction he could have asked for a release instead, but the Watkins trade probably didn't help.