DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

I can now say I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp. Overall, a good sequel. It's a pretty tight and focused narrative. It's not an end of the universe stakes kind of story. It's a more personal and intimate one.

Fair warning, this is probably the closest Marvel has ever been to a straight out and out comedy. It's even more of a comedy than Thor: Ragnarok. I will say though, Paul Rudd does a good job handling and carrying the material for the most part. 

The villains were more or less props so to speak to move the story along. The movie was more about Scott not trying to land back in jail, while also trying to figure out how to help Hank and Hope and redeem himself in their eyes.

I did enjoy all the large-size ant humor.  

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, TheVileOne said:

Chain mail but still no mask.

The helmet was there to more or less protect his noggin in a brawl. Not so much for identity protection since everyone kinda knows who he is.

• 2 weeks later...

The ending was a lot easier than I was expecting.

Spoiler

I was fully expecting Scott to be out with Cassie as she ashed, instead of in the Q-realm while Janet, Hank, and Hope go bye-bye.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:14 AM, Ace said:

The ending was a lot easier than I was expecting.

Hide contents

I was fully expecting Scott to be out with Cassie as she ashed, instead of in the Q-realm while Janet, Hank, and Hope go bye-bye.

That's what I was thinking too. Especially with the music at the end.

Well, the stills of Larson as Carol confirm she is gonna look WAY too small for the role. Really the only possible knock I could have had against her casting is the lack of physical presence or intimidation factor. Hooray for camera tricks and the fact that guys like RDJ and Tom Holland are actually rather short.

And now Guardians 3 might suck, too. Wonderful. Was he really just too stubborn to delete them? I mean, really? Never tweet, indeed.

Though someone should clue in some of those idiots that the hashtag was started by Russians who...oh right, they're idiots and don't give a fuck as long as they "win".

Cap's armour in that picture is Scale Mail, not chain or plate. Iron Man's armour is plate mail, if anything is.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I prefer "The Supersuit of Liberty and Freedom."

C'mon now, we all know it's really a titanium-dipped tri-weave fiber mesh over a MR-fluid based liquid armor system.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

C'mon now, we all know it's really a titanium-dipped tri-weave fiber mesh over a MR-fluid based liquid armor system.

What have I started?  I am a militarily correct dumbass.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

What have I started?  I am a militarily correct dumbass.

I can only hope Stark Industries tests at 616-Aberdeen. I am imagine Happy would be a regular at the Green Turtle every night after work.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I can only hope Stark Industries tests at 616-Aberdeen. I am imagine Happy would be a regular at the Green Turtle every night after work.

Jesus, why would you wish the Green Turtle on anyone? Did Happy murder your family and make it look like an accident or something? Yeesh.

I'm just going on anecdotal evidence on all the reps I have met over the years. I mean, I dont think I personally have ever been there in 10+ years of working on post. I always try to send them to Riverside Pizzeria to get crab cakes.