DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

Aweosme awesome video.

In a month, Corgan and Lagana have me caring about an all but dead brand and a 50-something year old journeyman wrestler I’ve never heard of before.

These two are on a different level from anyone in a current day creative position. They understand characters and specifically emotion. 

Well yeah, they understand that to make Nick Aldis look credible and have his inevitable championship mean something that it would be wise to elevate the Champion and Championship and actually have their audience or potential audience know and care about who the current champion is. They are ok with waiting and letting the program build and actually have some buzz and momentum under it before pulling the trigger and putting the belt on the guy they want to base their company around. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Hey let's not say things we can't take back. Magnus is a little better than Rob Conway. I might be in the minority here but I've always thought that Magnus could have had a go in the WWE in the upper mid card. he's a perfectly capable wrestler.

No joke I'd put the strap on Tracy Smothers, not for a year or anything but I'd give him a few month run. Smothers can work with anybody.

I would love to see a guy like Tracy get it or Lawler last month. I think Magnus was TNA champion at some point. So at least he was never visibly an undercard wrestler like Conway. Which is unfair to a degree because he can't help how WWE used him. But I think you need to be rehabbed a bit before getting a high profile title. Which I think the NWA is just based on its history. But they have not been careful with it at all since leaving TNA. I think Blue Demon and TenKoji were the best champions as credibility goes. 

22 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Hey let's not say things we can't take back. Magnus is a little better than Rob Conway. I might be in the minority here but I've always thought that Magnus could have had a go in the WWE in the upper mid card. he's a perfectly capable wrestler.

I was surprised he wasn't brought in when Mickie came back. Aldis would have at least had a pretty decent nxt run.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Sasha said:

If they were going to put the title on a grizzled-looking older dude, I have to admit that I'm disappointed they didn't find Frank The Tank Parker or Scotty Blaze.

This board would implode with excitement if they put the NWA World strap on Blaze or Parker.

All of the old farts like me would all have heart attacks if Damian Wayne or PQ got a run with the title.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

This board would implode with excitement if they put the NWA World strap on Blaze or Parker.

All of the old farts like me would all have heart attacks if Damian Wayne or PQ got a run with the title.

Hey Quinn had his chance at the gold buddy, and he couldn't pull it off.

If they're bringing back all the NWA Titles I better get a run as NWA Canadian Champ. Shit, I'll even be generous and carry a local greenhorn and run with the Canadian Tag Titles, at the same time.

If Tim Storm at 52 can be NWA World Champion, I at 42 should be Canadian Champion. Without question.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

If they're bringing back all the NWA Titles I better get a run as NWA Canadian Champ. Shit, I'll even be generous and carry a local greenhorn and run with the Canadian Tag Titles, at the same time.

If Tim Storm at 52 can be NWA World Champion, I at 42 should be Canadian Champion. Without question.

You're probably better off hoping for the brass knucks title. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

And we're all annoyed that you didn't run in and help PQ win.

That was Neil Sharkey's job.

Also, Mike Rapada legit outweighs me by a hundred pounds or more.  He'd have broken me in half over his knee if I even motioned like I was going to roll into the ring to prevent the Dusty finish.