DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA: Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

Time to trade for Westbrook!

3 players are averaging 25 points and 10 rebounds per game this season: Russell Westbrook and new teammates Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins.

That should help our pick swap with the Kings for this years draft a lot. Plus we have the Kings 2019 pick unprotected as well. One less target that might take on Okafor though. Just take whatever the Bulls offered and be done with it.

Asked why he didn't wait until closer to Thursday's trade deadline to make a move, he said, "Most likely we would get less, because I had a better deal two days ago."

Yep, Kings are definitely the dumbest team in the league.  I feel bad for Vlade as he's clearly in over his head.

You joke, but it wouldn't take that much for the Bucks to clear cap space for a run at Cousins in the offseason.  They shouldn't, I don't think they will, but they could.

Lakers shitcanned Mitch Kupchak and removed Jim Buss as Exec vice president of basketball operations, and named Magic president of basketball operations.  Sounds like he'll be running the whole show now.

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Lakers shitcanned Mitch Kupchak and removed Jim Buss as Exec vice president of basketball operations, and named Magic president of basketball operations.  Sounds like he'll be running the whole show now.

...So how long before Jeanie figures out Magic doesn't know what he's doing either?

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Monroe opts out they'll have room.

If Monroe & Hawes opt out, they don't re-sign any of the expirings, and they can unload Henson without taking much back they'll have room.  But then they don't have much wiggle room for Parker's extension, assuming his knees don't turn to dust by then.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did they just fire a guy who is going to end up owning the team?

All the Buss kids own a chunk, but Jeannie has the decision-making power.

I expect Magic to name himself coach again by season's end. He may even un-retire to show the kids how it's done. Trip over his own gut and kill Nick Young.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I expect Magic to name himself coach again by season's end. He may even un-retire to show the kids how it's done. Trip over his own gut and kill Nick Young.

Looking forward to their first big free agent signing under this new regime, Obe Ryan from the Italian basketball league.

Nah, Lakers weren't getting more than this for Lou, and they needed to dump him to avoid winning extra games (their pick is only top three protected in what people are calling the best draft in years) and he plays the same position of their most important young piece, and he has been leading the team in shot attempts when they could really use those possessions going to the young kids.

He can't play defense but he can score and him and Gordon should be dynamic off the bench for Houston, but it's exactly the kind of deal the Lakers needed to make.

• Like 1