DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Nova Pro announced that for the May show they are having Jonathan Gresham vs. Fred Yehi

I can't begin to properly express how excited I am

Just came here to post that. Hot damn.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Does anyone know if Best of the Best 16 going to be streamed on ippv?  I'd honestly rather watch that live than NXT.

Doesn't look like it but their on demand service should have it soonish (though how soon I'm not sure). Highspots Network later in the week if their normal CZW upload pace is anything to go by. The Sami Callihan Revolver show as well as the Wrestlecon super show will also go up on the HS Network in the next few weeks too.

I'm looking forward to the Rev Pro show being uploaded to their on demand service. I am down for Pentagon vs. ZSJ but the rest of the card looks very enjoyable too. If they do similar quality and quantity of shows at next year's Mania week, I may just go for the indie shows and head back Sunday night or watch Mania from a hotel room.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Pancakes and Piledrivers was great. Best show we've been to all weekend. Unbelievable weekend. This is the weekend every wrestling fan dreams about.

Heading to ROH now.

I'll post some more thoughts about the weekend later when I get a chance to sitdown and put some thoughts together.

Guest Edwin
18 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Imma be at ROH too.

Man, I regret having gone to that instead of some of the other shows.

Not familiar with ACW but I'll probably check out some of the FIP show. They're basically Evolve's sister promotion though I believe they're going for more of an ECW feel lately. Plus, they're taking place at the Hardy tailgate, so I'm interested in the atmosphere. 

Guest Edwin
8 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Idk I didn't hate the show. I had fun.

My wife and I absolutely hated it. Everything felt so forced and boring. I guess if you don't follow ROH now, it's hard to get into.

The women's matches were horrible.

The prelims were horrible.

The main card was horrible.

Cole v. Scurll and the ladder matches were OK, but nothing I'd recommend anyone check them out.

Cole trying to tombstone Scurll twice and botching them both was laughable.

Also the crowds overreaction to every single thing and the constant streamer for random indy guy #25 just made it far worse.

Those of you with a Highspots subscription looking for a stunt spectacle to watch before Mania would be well served to check out the ladder match main event from Pancakes and Piledrivers. Was there live and couldnt believe a lot of the spots i saw before my eyes. A bit sloppy at times but goddamn did everyone go all out to kill themselves to try to steal the weekend.

Guest Edwin
Just now, clintthecrippler said:

Those of you with a Highspots subscription looking for a stunt spectacle to watch before Mania would be well served to check out the ladder match main event from Pancakes and Piledrivers. Was there live and couldnt believe a lot of the spots i saw before my eyes. A bit sloppy at times but goddamn did everyone go all out to kill themselves to try to steal the weekend.

Agreed. That was nuts. My favorite show I've been to all weekend.

King masacring random jobber dude in military gear was pretty great too.

Just now, Edwin said:

Agreed. That was nuts. My favorite show I've been to all weekend.

King masacring random jobber dude in military gear was pretty great too.

You know random jobber dude was Adam Rose right? I legit wonder if he has a death wish right now taking those insane powerbombs into the hotel ballroom chairs.

Probably going to watch it before Mania. The card looks really good. Callihan has had an insane schedule and from the bunch of matches I've seen has always put 100% effort into every fucking match, and his matches are so physically taxing to begin with. Plus, he's managed to put over a bunch of guys even when he wins. He's the new Hero imo. 

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
6 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

You know random jobber dude was Adam Rose right? I legit wonder if he has a death wish right now taking those insane powerbombs into the hotel ballroom chairs.

lolol what? I had no idea that was him... I don't follow WWE closely, so he could pass by me crossing the street and I'd have no idea who he is.

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Callihan has had an insane schedule and from the bunch of matches I've seen has always put 100% effort into every fucking match, and his matches are so physically taxing to begin with. Plus, he's managed to put over a bunch of guys even when he wins. He's the new Hero imo. 

Agreed. His match with Brian Cage against the Lucha Bros was very entertaining imo.

As corny as it is when WWE (or any TV show) writes the recommended hashtag on the screen, you realize how useful it is when it's missing. 

I am trying to live tweet with Floslam ACW broadcast. There seems to be a number of hashtags, as well as @floslam and @wwnacw mentions. There's no central flow of tweet traffic. I can tag all that stuff in my tweets. But it's hard to interact with people watching the show. :angry:

On 4/2/2017 at 11:06 AM, clintthecrippler said:

If you have a Highspots subscription, you should also definitely watch the 10 man tag match with Team Riccohet vs Team Osprey from wrestlecon Supershow.  If you are into that style of wrestling then this was the greatest example of it.  Hundreds of spots mostly 3 or 4 at a time or with 3 or 4 doing it at the same time.  Incredible dives including a Spanish Fly to the outside on top of 5 or 6 people.   Even a goofy dance off that finish with Drew Galloway doing a goofy Flair strut followed by knocking someone out with a forearm.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If you have a Highspots subscription, you should also definitely watch the 10 man tag match with Team Riccohet vs Team Osprey from wrestlecon Supershow.  If you are into that style of wrestling then this was the greatest example of it.  Hundreds of spots mostly 3 or 4 at a time or with 3 or 4 doing it at the same time.  Incredible dives including a Spanish Fly to the outside on top of 5 or 6 people.   Even a goofy dance off that finish with Drew Galloway doing a goofy Flair strut followed by knocking someone out with a forearm.  

Wasn't able to make that show but flying home this afternoon and looking forward to watching it after hearing literally everyone who was there talk it up.

It really sounded like the 10 man Wrestlecon tag, Keith Lee, and the entire Janela show were the show stealers of the weekend.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:55 AM, Oyaji said:

Not familiar with ACW but I'll probably check out some of the FIP show. They're basically Evolve's sister promotion though I believe they're going for more of an ECW feel lately. Plus, they're taking place at the Hardy tailgate, so I'm interested in the atmosphere. 

Was there live for about an hour or 2.  Probably could have stayed longer but for some reason I always want to hit the WM parking lot early.  It was a big mix of ACW and Carolina guys from the look of it.   I give those guys credit because it was 90 degrees outside with not much wind so they are working in what has to be 110 degree ring while taking bumps to the floor on concrete in front of 75 people at most.   But they seemed to be having fun.  Most of the guys there this was either there 1st or 2nd show or their  last show so they were there to perform. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Wasn't able to make that show but flying home this afternoon and looking forward to watching it after hearing literally everyone who was there talk it up.

It really sounded like the 10 man Wrestlecon tag, Keith Lee, and the entire Janela show were the show stealers of the weekend.

The 10 man tag was so choreographed that even Meltzer, whose wet dreams feature the Young Bucks, thought it was too much. The Janela show was very up and down. Some things worked for me, some things really didn't.

My winners; Keith Lee, The South Pacific Power Trip (2 major shows, 2 ****+ matches, appeared at Axxess, probably got WWEUK deals) and Sami Callihan, just for the fact that he worked 10+ shows and unlike seemingly everybody else, he never phoned it in. I'm not a big fan of his wrestling, but full of respect for his efforts this weekend.

• Like 2

Sami is the fucking man. He busted ass all week and it never showed that he was going from show to show. David Starr and Kyle The Beast looked like a million bucks with him (though Starr is pretty fucking great on his own merit). That SPPT/Catch Point tag was the best show on Mercury Rising and pretty close to Dijak/Lee and the NXT three way tag. Mind blowing stuff and great build to the finishing stretch.