DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really don't understand this new gimmick of running matches outside in 40 degree weather with a ring surrounded by trees

My first thought was filming footage for the Twin Peaks restart, sort of like when the Freebirds were in the first Highlander movie.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

@J.T. I am shocked by how many people I know are going to the Broken Anniversary.  In my mind I did a happy dance when I saw the poster and can almost justify paying $100 for autograph/picture with the whole Hardy crew.  It's going to be pretty damn wild.  And be happy Johnny Crabcakes isn't there, he's a huge Roman fan.

I'd love to go, but I'm due to head back to graveyard shift pretty soon so I might not make the card.  I'm hoping that the Ryback dealie in March does not go down when I have to go TDY to Ft. Indiantown Gap.

That is in Pennsylvania... :(

I never get sent to anyplace warm like Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.

Just got back from Defy in Seattle. Fucking awesome show from top to bottom. The main was amazing Cody is so fucking good and Strickland busted his ass. Davey Richards made a surprise run in and announced he will be at the next show on April 7th.

• Like 1

This week's CWF Worldwide was a weird show for me.   Sterling vs Valiant was the 2nd most looking forward to match of Battlecade and while I loved the aggression and the finish of the top rope piledriver I thought the match was way too short.   Maybe it was actually longer but it seemed like only 5 or 6 minutes.   I thought CW Anderson vs Ric Converse was a very good match with a finish that would only work in the south which is probably a good thing.  In a wrestling world where two guys can throw 30 superkicks in 10 minutes with almost no selling at all, seeing one CW Anderson superkick with a bad wheel treated as a death blow was just odd.   Then again in most companies a top rope tombstone piledriver barely gets a 2 count in some indies.   

Can't wait for next week's show to see Trevor vs Attitude and Royal vs Everett which I have heard nothing but great things about

6 hours ago, RandomAct said:

My man John Philapavage put together something really awesome that will be dropping on the CWF youtube page tonight. Blown away by the amount of work that someone who is nothing more than a fan put into this.

So very good....

• Like 1