DVDVR Message Board

2017 US INDY/INDIE DISCUSSION THREAD

15 hours ago, RandomAct said:

My tendency is to despise Confederacy gimmicks as a rule, but I cannot totally hate on Rob McBride because his second hand General Lee ring attire is tremendous and he's tagging with The Dirty Daddy.

• Like 1

Sweetser, you know much about 3-2-1 Battle in Seattle? Never been but I've heard only good things and the 3-2-1 guys in Defy have been good I want to go to a show. They are running a show on June 2nd, Colt Cabana is going to be there that isn't a selling point for some but imma try to make it.

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Now that is some mighty tremendous stuff.  Major kudos to you and CWF.

Thank you! Filming this was a hoot, and I think it comes off well. Don't forget we are airing "Saturday Night's CWF" at 11:30 this Saturday, continuing the theme. There is a stellar Trevor Lee title defense against Alex Daniels airing on that one.  I feel like this match is a perfect companion piece to the Chip Day match. It's worked completely different, but it can't exist without it.

• Like 1

The card for MCW Slamboree is embeded since their webmaster hates hotlinks.

June 9th in Joppa, MD with an 8PM EST bell time.

Matches of Note:

Steve Anthony vs. Bestia 666

Fred Yehi challenges Dante Caballero for the MCW Rage TV Title

10 Man Tag featuring KM from TNA, Stevie Richards, TAFKA Jack Swagger, and Lance Anoa'i.   Victoria aka Tara and Gail Kim will be at ringside.

Also the Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup will take place on the weekend of July 14th. 

Ricky Steamboat will be present but no word on workers or tournament seedings.

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Gave in to the Twitter hype and got my Scenic City Invitational tickets today.  Planning to do some YouTube research on the names I'm less familiar with.

Say hi to me and Stuttsy! We'll be calling at least part of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Fred Yehi challenges Dante Caballero for the MCW Rage TV Title

So...I guess this means you're going to be there?  If so it'd be cool to meet you.  I'll be the fat Greek with glasses.

And I love MCW to pieces, but if you're going to announce Cobb and Swagger being on the card, wouldn't it make sense to have them wrestle each other?  At least that might be something worthwhile.  Still looks like a damn good show.  I met her years ago and she seemed like an awesome person, wouldn't mind meeting her again.  But I'm sure James Storm's going to be a huge hit with the folks at Joppa.

Gah, between this, Extreme Rules and NXT my poor wallet might barely survive all this.  So much goodness going on in such a short time.

• Like 1

It's midnight I just got home I'll have a more detailed report later but one interesting thing that happened and tonight's Defy show is Defy and CZW have some type of partnership and Davey Richards and sorry if I'm spoiling anything defeated Lio Rush for the CZW Championship and said if anyone at CZW has a problem they can fly over to Seattle and do something about it.

7 hours ago, Web Conn said:

It's midnight I just got home I'll have a more detailed report later but one interesting thing that happened and tonight's Defy show is Defy and CZW have some type of partnership and Davey Richards and sorry if I'm spoiling anything defeated Lio Rush for the CZW Championship and said if anyone at CZW has a problem they can fly over to Seattle and do something about it.

The CZW tag titles also changed hands this week outside the promotion. CCK won them in Lucha Forever.

CHIKARA held Anniversario in its old stomping grounds in Hellertown, PA. Some of the original trainees like Mister ZERO, Dragonfly, and the like returned, as did Gran Akuma (!).

Also, UltraMantis Black got the winning fall in the 10-man tag main event on Hallowicked, then took off his gauntlets and left them in the ring, signaling that he was retiring. Teased unmasking, but changed his mind.

• Like 1

I hope he still floats around from time to time. He really is one of the people who screams Chikara to me, and I guess his brief run as Grand Champion was a "lifetime achievement" reign, but his character is just synonymous with the company to me.

fitness goal: Manage to fit in that Order of the Neo Solar Temple shirt I bought at KoT 2008.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:32 AM, J.T. said:

?

We don't like CHIKARA?  i didn't think you'd find more Quackenbush marks or lovers of The Osiran Portal or whatnot per capita in any other place on the internets?

There's another board I post at - EWB - that has a thread started in 2007 that's up to 590 pages and is commented in almost daily. So, there's your answer.

It's also where I got a video birthday wish from Jervis Cottonbelly thanks to some really swell guys that went to a King of Trios one year.

On 5/26/2017 at 4:01 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

So...I guess this means you're going to be there?  If so it'd be cool to meet you.  I'll be the fat Greek with glasses.

Unfortunately I'll be TDY that week.  I will try to make Day 2 of the Shane Shamrock event depending on who they get for the tournament.

On 5/29/2017 at 1:00 AM, Casey said:

There's another board I post at - EWB - that has a thread started in 2007 that's up to 590 pages and is commented in almost daily. So, there's your answer.

It's also where I got a video birthday wish from Jervis Cottonbelly thanks to some really swell guys that went to a King of Trios one year.

Chikara got its share of chat before the shutdown.  Seems like the DVD members who were fans drifted off during the hiatus.  That's basically what happened to me.   After BDK, I started losing some interest and didn't buy another DVD after the hiatus.

For anyone in southern NY/northeast PA, Xcite Wrestling is running a show at NYSEG Stadium in Binghamton at 2:00 this afternoon. The main is Greg Excellent vs Sean Carr for the Xcite title with Ricky Steamboat as special enforcer, and Joe Gacy is wrestling Colin Delaney. 

Tonight at 7, I will be announcing for Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling at Cathedral of St John the Baptist in Parma, OH (1900 Carlton Road). Shane Douglas, Robbie E and Krimson are on the show. Come on out!

• Like 1