DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF WEEK #12

Pete

• Pete pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

FIU is hiring Butch Davis... which I totally accidentally wrote as Bitch Davis and then debated not fixing it

Pete Garcia= Rachel McAdams in "The Notebook" 

As an alum, I look forward to our winning a late December bowl game and the subsequent probation that results. 

Rutgers had the balls to send out an email basically telling everyone you can't wear Ped State shirts or do chants reminding them of their university's horrible crimes. I want to hire a plane to fly over the stadium saying "FUCK PED STATE RAPE TRUTHERS/APOLOGISTS" and dare the Rutgers AD to shoot it down. Seriously, they honored a fucking guy who ignored kids getting raped because he had football games to win. Fuck them.

• Like 1

I'm certainly not complaining, and I even understand why (3 wins over top ten teams) but Michigan losing to a mediocre and unranked Iowa team and then not falling a single spot in the CFP rankings is a really weird look.

Here's an interesting scenario: they lose close to Ohio. Penn State and Wisconsin both win their last two games. Colorado beats Utah and then wins the PAC-12 title game. Louisville loses to Houston. West Virgina loses to Oklahoma.

Which counts for more: Colorado and either Wisconsin or Penn State being conference champions at 11-2, or that Michigan at 10-2 beat both of them?

8 hours ago, Dewar said:

With Clemson and Washington going down last week as well, how far could you realistically drop them? Besides, if they lose to tOSU, they can go play Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.

Short of the Fighting Harbaughs winning a national title, those two squaring off is a wet dream for me. 

On 11/16/2016 at 3:47 PM, sabremike said:

Rutgers had the balls to send out an email basically telling everyone you can't wear Ped State shirts or do chants reminding them of their university's horrible crimes. I want to hire a plane to fly over the stadium saying "FUCK PED STATE RAPE TRUTHERS/APOLOGISTS" and dare the Rutgers AD to shoot it down. Seriously, they honored a fucking guy who ignored kids getting raped because he had football games to win. Fuck them.

Rutgers should send out an email apologizing for taking the money and going to a conference where they have no business in so they get beat by 40 - 50 points every week. 

Houston beating Louisville isn't that surprising.   By 31 points holy shit :o

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Also, shout out to Troy State at #25. First-ever national ranking for both the school and the Sun Belt Conference.

And they celebrated this by getting run off the field at home by Arkansas State. I blame you for calling them Troy State (they dropped the state in 2005).

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

And they celebrated this by getting run off the field at home by Arkansas State. I blame you for calling them Troy State (they dropped the state in 2005).

As a Troy Grad, I had feared this. Emotional win this past Saturday in a nailbiter game at home to turn around and play your second most broadcast game television-wise of the year on basically 4 full days of rest. No bueno.