DVDVR Message Board

Raw Happened On Halloween - 10/31/16

Dolfan in NYC

Seriously Rippa.  You were the one that banned a 6 time world champion. 

That being said, I agree with Gregg. Bayley, of all people, is not the one to beat Nia Jax -- yet.  After Nia brutally turns on Charlotte, after months of build up, on a huge stage (Mania or Summerslam), THEN she can beat Nia.  Not before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I mean, FSW was the most vocal CM Punk hater on the DVDVR, and I'm pretty sure Punk just said he used to lurk as FSW as a giant middle finger to an internet troll and for shits and giggles.

Checking some of FSW's posts unless Punk was obsessed with soccer in a past life then I'm leaning towards the latter.

Only saw the first half and so far it's not too bad so far.  Foley really should find a happy medium between normal talking and screaming like a maniac.

58 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Only saw the first half and so far it's not too bad so far.  Foley really should find a happy medium between normal talking and screaming like a maniac

Co-signed. Foley goes from zero to screaming in no time flat. He really needs to work on building up to the screaming emotional outburst so that when he actually goes there it means something. As it is right now Screamin' Mick Foley yelling at people about how he believes in their talent or how dangerous Hell in a Cell is, just one sentence after talking like a normal person comes off as disingenuous and kind of hokey. It was fine to go quiet to LOUD to quiet when he was cutting promos as Cactus Jack or Mankind, but when he's just Mick it's off-putting.

• Like 4

Speaking of off-putting. I literally changed the channel when Mick started screaming "ZING! ZING!" during Roman's promo. (and don't even get me started on that atrocity)

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Speaking of off-putting. I literally changed the channel when Mick started screaming "ZING! ZING!" during Roman's promo. (and don't even get me started on that atrocity)

You always want your asskicker referencing Spongebob Squarepants. Sure Vince, that will help get Roman over.

I really think Nia should still be in NXT, there's lots of little things she's just missing.  Like the awkward way she hit her finisher, stood up, then got back down and pinned Bayley.  I know she was getting in position for the hard cam, but it looked dumb.  I actually think she could be quite a big-time character in WWE, but I just think the way she was brought up with not that much seasoning, and then debuted by squashing unknown women wrestlers was counter-productive, especially when they were running Strowman destroying people at the same time.  Charlotte bringing in Jax to watch her back and destroy Sasha Banks, eventually leading to Nia turning on Charlotte is the way better way of introducing her.  And Bayley should have gone to Smackdown while Nikki returned to Raw makes way more sense, too.  Also, Yokozuna joining the Hart Foundation.

That Battle Royal was beyond counterproductive for everyone not named Braun or Sami.  The last stretch with Zayn ALMOST getting Strowman over the ropes had the crowd really buying into the spot.  Everyone else was either set back or neutral afterwards, like Cesaro and Sheamus fist-bumping each other than turning on each other.  Or Bo Dallas being unstoppable these last few weeks than going out first.  Or Axel cutting that big promo last week, looking like a star, then getting destroyed and thrown out.

Also, for Braun to keep looking like a monster, he should stop standing next to Mick Foley.  Cuz even though Foley is actually a pretty big guy, that was never put over on WWE TV, so for Foley and Strowman to talk almost face-to-face kinda kills that mystique a little bit for me.