DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

The gallery for Tyrion's trial was a total wrestling crowd too.  Loved it when they started booing and hissing him during his speech, especially "I SHOULD'VE LET STANNIS KILL YOU ALL"

What Brian said.  Fucking epic mic drop moment from The Imp.

If Dinklage doesn't get an Emmy for that, I'm liable to never watch the Emmys again.

So Tywin will get his on the shitter at the end of the season.

I felt like this whole episode was amazing.  I even liked the Daenarys taking supplicants scene.  For the people that are angry about the book departures at least they are bringing Shae back around to where she belongs (with a crossbow bolt in her).  Dinklage just cemented his Emmy last night.  A totally awesome scene.  I wish I had the poison, I would have poisoned every one of you!!!  It felt like old school heeling to me.

So with Rorge eating it tonight, we won't be getting Hound 2.0.  I can't say I'm remotely surprised, as the timeline for Brienne and Pod being shortened combined with Arya's Hound days being lengthened meant it wouldn't work, but now that we know I wonder what will be the big threat for Brienne to deal with.

Bjornson acquitted himself nicely murdering schmucks; he didn't really do any acting, but he wasn't asked to. If nothing else, he probably has a career ahead of him playing monsters who butcher twelve dudes in one fight and then get killed by the hero.

Bronn and Tyrion's breakup was a really fun, oddly sweet scene. Very different than in the book where I read more venom from Tyrion and more fuck-off from Bronn.

So with Rorge eating it tonight, we won't be getting Hound 2.0.  I can't say I'm remotely surprised, as the timeline for Brienne and Pod being shortened combined with Arya's Hound days being lengthened meant it wouldn't work, but now that we know I wonder what will be the big threat for Brienne to deal with.

Bjornson acquitted himself nicely murdering schmucks; he didn't really do any acting, but he wasn't asked to. If nothing else, he probably has a career ahead of him playing monsters who butcher twelve dudes in one fight and then get killed by the hero.

Bronn and Tyrion's breakup was a really fun, oddly sweet scene. Very different than in the book where I read more venom from Tyrion and more fuck-off from Bronn.

Bronn has turned into a huge fan favorite due to the acting of Jerome Flynn. That may be part of the reason for the softer tone. I wished they would have addressed how Shae didn't leave on the ship but the scene was still strong. 

I loved the Tyrion-Oberyn scene as well. These guys were sharing a tender moment. 

People online are going nuts because Baelish didn't say "Only Cat" but I thought that the entire time spent in the Eryie was gold. If you watch the coming attractions for Episode 8, yo ucan tell he is going to shape Sansa into a real player in the Game of Thrones. 

After last weeks show. lots of idiots with youtube channels were doing the 'They've changed that from the books!' about Drogon eating a Goat. This is despite the fact that farmers bringing bones to Daenerys is established as a  trend in the book (to the point where people are getting cynical and saying "He probably ate the damn goat himself") long before Drogon eats the young boy. The show is doing the show not tell, like it's supposed to, but all these self proclaimed Spoiler-Free channels just spoiled what's probably the last Dany scene this season.

Twats.

I'm guessing its the Deepwood Motte stuff.  Can't do with Winterfell stuff until after Tywin bites it and they send "Arya" up to the Dreadfort to marry Ramsey.  

I think Balon dies soon. I think they want to have a couple of weeks of Ironborn stuff to lead to his death. The Greyjoys are definitely in Episode 8. If they are in 9, I can see Greyjoy dying at the beginning of 10, Tywin being happier than a pig in shit until he takes his final shit. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm going to miss Charles Dance dearly.

I initially wondered why they omitted the awesome scene of Oberyn telling the story of meeting li'l Tyrion but delaying it to THAT point was a great decision. The show has really come into its own and it seems that nearly every change they make is for the better (with the exception of that awful rape/WAITiT'SNOTRAPE scene). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...