DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

BRING ON THE ZIPS! I've never seen a fiercer mascot. Its a kangaroo representing shoes and tires.

Zippy is the female mascot of the University of Akron athletics team. Zippy is a kangaroo, and was chosen by a committee in 1953. The school's nickname, "Zips", is a shortening of "Zippers", a pair of rubber overshoes and a brand name of the BF Goodrich Company of Akron.

pic-zippy110406.jpg

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

14 suspended for the FSU vs Charleston Southern game. That could make this more interest... Wait, they're Charleston players? Yikes.

I thought I read 40. Did they lower that?

12 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Lamar Jackson is unfair.

13 TD's in a game and a half. (which he's played a game)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/9/12868612/lamar-jackson-louisville-quarterback

He's why Louisville was one of my preseason darkhorse contenders for the playoffs.  Unreal talent.  Louisville WILL spoil either FSU or Clemson's season.

And at this point, at risk of making some of our fellow posters sick, I'd like to point out that Auburn said "no thanks" to Jackson and Will Muschamp only wanted him to play WR at Florida

I am seriously loving this variation of the flexbone that Pitt is running.  They're not really running option, but it's giving Penn State all the same problems.

Team's pulling wacky stuff like this out of their back pocket is why I love college football so much more than the NFL.  You really don't ever know what you're going to see.

I have the Pitt game on WatchESPN while I'm at the office. They are moving at will on Penn State. 

It's a shame there's nothing worth switching over to at the moment.

I'd like to catch some of Troy/Clemson but have no idea who is carrying it.

EDIT: Scratch that, Troy/Clemson is on the ESPN app, it was coded as ACC Network. It's going to be embarrassing if Troy puts up more points on Clemson than Auburn did.

Is Georgia really that shaky to only beat Nicholls State by 2 points 

Clemson got lucky as hell on that fumble nullified by the blown whistle 

Holy shit Central Michigan just beat Oklahoma State with the greatest hook and ladder play since the 1981 Dolphins/Chargers game.

• Like 1