DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

When you own two of the top three sacked seasons it has to add up.  There's taking your lumps and there's being put in a situation where you don't have a chance.

Luck looks like he's really suffering physically now.  The famous pat-wince is horrible.

https://gfycat.com/FrayedWarmGreatwhiteshark

"Please don't touch the ribs Matt!"

If you are a QB and you have a poor Oline on a rebuilding team you know that you will get sacked 3-5 times a game not counting all of the hits and late shots.  All of the hits build up over time week in and week out.  When you are losing, a lot, you throw the ball, a lot, meaning more hits.  It has to play on a QB mentally when they know going in they will be throwing the ball 40+ times because the team is either losing or has no running game.  

Bill Parcells believed that games are won and lost in the trenches with your Oline and Dline.  I always thought he was correct and a bad Oline can break the best QB.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

You are making a bigger deal out of 3rd QB on Week 1 than you should.  Week 1 is meaningless in the development of Goff.  Week 17 is much more important.

Ok, he does not dress but he sits in the booth with the coordinators and watches them call a game from above.  He gets to watch the game full speed hopefully picking up on mistakes so that when he does start, hopefully week 8, he has a good idea of how fast the game moves at this level and what the coaches expect from him during a game.

If he goes out and plays well; not necessarily wins but plays well Week 17 the time sitting will be worth it.  If he gets thrown in early and gets injured from playing behind a poor Oline you can set yourself back further.  

...Except I'm talking more than Week 1. Who said he was playing Week 17? You have a crystal ball?

Also, I'm seeing hopefully. So they spent the first overall pick on a hunch? If he doesn't pick it up...he's still your third string quarterback?

Kelvin Benjamin is looking like Megatron 2.0. His return could not look any more impressive and I hate myself for not drafting him.

Also, Mike Shula is getting a bit of payback after taking all the shit in February. It's not something I'm used to saying. 

I forget where I read it, but I thought I read that Fischer wanted Geoff to get used to the pressure of a game week in week 1 without dressing and then in week 2 he was going to be QB2.

Still makes no sense to me, but whatever.

I'm glad they're allowing people in the booth on national telecasts who are openingly rooting for one team, even after being admonished by both other announcers.

I guess Ron sold his riverboat this off-season.  Not going for it on 4th and 1 from midfield and now that field goal with 4 minutes left down 4.

I'm so glad football is back, even if it makes me hate everything.

If Cam was knocked out cold on the field, some league folks would actually cheer in their offices for no real reason other than the obvious. Then they'd talk about Riggins for an hour.

• Like 2