DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, CSC said:

Constantly spear the opposing quarterbacks head and never get called for it?

Shh. As a Model Franchise, the Glorious Denver Broncos would never do that.

Glad I got the one Broncos game I'll watch til the playoffs out of the way - the verbal fellatio sickens me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CSC said:

I hate to be all Bobby Heenan and all, but if they don't see it, they can't call it.

But in all seriousness, Cam is the next standard bearer for the league. I don't think that the NFL wants the island of misfit toys that is the Broncos to be the shining light of the league.

Meet you guys in Super Bowl 51?

• Like 1

Just now, KidNatural said:

I hate to be all Bobby Heenan and all, but if they don't see it, they can't call it.

But in all seriousness, Cam is the next standard bearer for the league. I don't think that the NFL wants the island of misfit toys that is the Broncos to be the shining light of the league.

Meet you guys in Super Bowl 51?

Pretty sure they hate Cam, hence the Dwight Howard/Shaq treatment he's always gotten from the refs. "You're not old enough to get that flag" is an actual alleged quote. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

Shh. As a Model Franchise, the Glorious Denver Broncos would never do that.

Glad I got the one Broncos game I'll watch til the playoffs out of the way - the verbal fellatio sickens me.

Maybe if your asstube of a franchise ever wins one they will get some verbal humming too then you will love it long time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Maybe if your asstube of a franchise ever wins one they will get some verbal humming too then you will love it long time

Maybe if my team headhunted all game and never got called for it, we would have won by now. Or innovated cut blocking. Fuck Denver. Three doesn't put you on the level of the Pats, Steelers or Niners last I checked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

Pretty sure they hate Cam, hence the Dwight Howard/Shaq treatment he's always gotten from the refs. "You're not old enough to get that flag" is an actual alleged quote. 

You guys were up by ten points at the end of the third and you missed a field goal to win. Stop blaming the refs. If it wasn't for Chris Harris' brain spasm, which I believe was called by an actual NFL official... you wouldn't have been in a position to win.

4 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

Maybe if my team headhunted all game and never got called for it, we would have won by now. Or innovated cut blocking. Fuck Denver. Three doesn't put you on the level of the Pats, Steelers or Niners last I checked.

When the time comes and I dont have a life I will do a film breakdown of the Panthers and jot down all of their nasty nastiness.  But until that time comes I will just chuckle that Denver no matter the feebleness of the QB will own these chumps. Besides 3 Super Bowls won is more than how many teams?  I know 3 is a fuck tonne more than 0

Just now, KidNatural said:

You guys were up by ten points at the end of the third and you missed a field goal to win. Stop blaming the refs. If it wasn't for Chris Harris' brain spasm, which I believe was called by an actual NFL official... you wouldn't have been in a position to win.

So Cam's production dropping off after repeated helmet to helmet shots is a coincidence. Neat.

Good game regardless.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

But seriously, Poor Cam.  They were just letting the Broncos rough the passer on just about every single passing play.  I hope they let JJ do that to Cutler on Sunday. 

Oh shit I didn't consider the ramifications of JJ Watt playing on 9/11.  He'll  ride into the stadium in a military Hummer driven by GWB and Ted Nugent, wearing a Chris Kyle t-shirt, and punch out anyone who has the temerity to not stand for the anthem.  He'll make sure to Instrgram it all, of course.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh shit I didn't consider the ramifications of JJ Watt playing on 9/11.  He'll  ride into the stadium in a military Hummer driven by GWB and Ted Nugent, wearing a Chris Kyle t-shirt, and punch out anyone who has the temerity to not stand for the anthem.  He'll make sure to Instrgram it all, of course.

Listen to Wednesday's LeBatard show where they were talking about him riding into the stadium on a motorcycle dressed like Evel Knievel, while doing a jump through a flaming Kaepernick jersey.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

They should have focused on the Oline.  If you put Goff in now and all he does is run scared how does he build on that?  Chances are he gets injured and sits out a bunch of games.  There used to be a study that showed starting a QB on a bad team Week 1 leads to more failure than success.  Before you say Luck from Indy; they tanked the year before.  

Reid used to talk about why he did not start McNabb Week 1 and he pointed to having the QB in the booth with the coordinators during the game so he could watch plays develop and learn how they were shuffling packages and calling plays.  

If Goff is not 100% ready to go in terms of reading defenses behind a bad line he could get happy feet and lose confidence quick,  Not something you want to have for a franchise QB because by Week 8 the press is questioning if he is the right guy.

You can sit him now and play him later sending the message that this is a rebuilding year.  Guy struggles when he starts the second half of the season you chalk it up to rebuilding.

You want him to be in the best position to succeed.

Forget Luck. How bad did Aikman get his brains bashed in during his first two seasons?

10 hours ago, CSC said:

Everyone needs to watch this and a serious discussion needs to be had about get spearing called in the NFL. 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=AW9soqA9LVU

Jesus. 

10 hours ago, Vincey Greene said:

I always knew he'd miss.

Terrible officiating and the Broncos deserve a plethora of bad fortune. I hope Siemien immediately grows into Ryan Leaf.

He's pretty clearly Brad Johnson. Besides he didn't cost nothing. In the case of the offsetting penalties on the last hit on Cam, it feels like in certain instances a personal foul that blatant should supersede and take precedence over something like intentional grounding.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Everyone needs to watch this and a serious discussion needs to be had about get spearing called in the NFL. 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=AW9soqA9LVU

Jesus. 

In real time, the second hit shown didn't look to be anything blatant or particularly violent. The other two were ignorant horseshit for the zebras to miss but not that one.