DVDVR Message Board

OH MY GOD. (Raw - 29 August 2016)

Dolfan in NYC

Owens as a character is a tremendous heel, always looking for an easy way out. Always looking for shortcuts. Always taking advantage of a situation. Always trying to outsmart his opponents to gain that advantage. Yes, he's talented and COULD win on his own. He's shown that he can. But he enjoys taking the easy route. That's what makes him such a prick.

So here we have a situation where the match basically falls right into his lap. Yes, he pinned Big Cass early on and he was very competitive in the match. But this falls right into his lap like a unicorn falling from the sky and he hops right on it. It was almost TOO unbelievable for him to take the advantage. He had a quick "holy shit??!  wow really???" moment and then went straight for the pin.

So this happens and yet there are people here who are pissed off because he should have won on his own? 

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The "you deserve it" chant may be the worst in all of wrestling, barring racist/sexist/homophobic garbage.  Winners are pre-determined.  The only way you deserve it is if the booker decides you do.  That means every winner deserves it!  Yeesh.

IMO, the worst chant in wrestling (besides racist/sexist/homophobic garbage) is "This is wrestling! CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP".

Yeah... No shit.

• Like 3

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

What, the other folks don't work hard?

#AllChantsMatter?

Of course they work hard, but everyone works their entire career to be the champion. What's wrong with showing the champ some gratitude?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Owens as a character is a tremendous heel, always looking for an easy way out. Always looking for shortcuts. Always taking advantage of a situation. Always trying to outsmart his opponents to gain that advantage. Yes, he's talented and COULD win on his own. He's shown that he can. But he enjoys taking the easy route. That's what makes him such a prick.

So here we have a situation where the match basically falls right into his lap. Yes, he pinned Big Cass early on and he was very competitive in the match. But this falls right into his lap like a unicorn falling from the sky and he hops right on it. It was almost TOO unbelievable for him to take the advantage. He had a quick "holy shit??!  wow really???" moment and then went straight for the pin.

So this happens and yet there are people here who are pissed off because he should have won on his own? 

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm annoyed that yet again we have a champ who is only a champ because it was a way to further HHH's storyline. Whatever HHH's issue with Seth or Steph is immediately more important than your supposed top champion. 

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah.  To me the look on Owens' face when he was pinning Rollins said, "I can't believe it.  Finally a little justice in this world!" which is exactly what a real, deep, authentic heel would feel about that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why does HHH have to be the reason both Reigns and Rollins lose? Just pick one top guy to feud with and let Owens pin the other to win the belt legit. This was barely better than Andre selling the belt to Dibiase. We'll see if they're half way serious about pushing Owens in the following weeks or if he's a back drop to the important stuff. I'm happy for the guy, but that finish sucked imo.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The problem is that HHH and, by extension, the Authority, is involved in the main event.  Again.  Haven't we complained about that for years now?

2 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The problem is that HHH and, by extension, the Authority, is involved in the main event.  Again.  Haven't we complained about that for years now?

Yes, that is a problem. For tomorrow. Or next week. And we will worry about itt when it becomes annoying, which it will.

Reality is, Kevin Fucking Steen just became the main champion on the "A Show" of WWE. That's a big deal. And Owens sold it well enough a lot of us are just enjoying that for what it is right now.

• Like 9

I didn't see anything to indicate that The Authority is back. Actually, quite the opposite. Steph wasn't in on it. I'll agree with y'all if Owens is relegated to midcard title feuds with Big Show while Triple H battles Seth with Steph caught in between but can we wait a week..

Remember, Finn Balor was supposed to go on a run with the title right?  And his opponent was supposed to be Kevin Owens. It seemed like they were serious about pushing fresh faces. So let's see. If this was going to be "same old shit" I would have expected ether a heel Rollins run or a face Reigns run and we didn't get either...

I didn't follow much of Owens' indy career so I'm sorry I'm not marking out for the second best guy in JeriKO winning a world title because HHH took out the two biggest stars in the match. It's better than fucking Rollins I guess.

1 minute ago, JCM said:

I didn't follow much of Owens' indy career so I'm sorry I'm not marking out for the second best guy in JeriKO winning a world title because HHH took out the two biggest stars in the match.

I'm sorry, but if you are telling me that now a days Chris Jericho is a better in ring worker then Kevin Owens then you need to get your head checked. Or do we need to go into him almost killing Enzo at Summerslam?

• Like 2

I haven't marked out that hard in ages. Oh Triple H, I'm petitioning the Vatican for sainthood on your behalf. We saw at least three miracles tonight. But I think everyone is missing the obvious why he attacked Rollins.

Finn is his project from NXT and Rollins injured him. So payback for that. That's why he gave the belt to Owens. Owens was his second biggest star in NXT. NXT truly is taking ovah.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Not to quote myself, but seriously, this is really something you need to listen to if you haven't before.  Fuck the John Cena "Never Give Up" branding, this is a guy who pretty much had given up.  Even Colt was all "I don't know what to tell you."  And he ends up getting a break and exceeding his wildest expectations. Starts 29 minutes in.

I never realized just how much I emphasize with Kevin Owens before. After my downfall last year, I too wondered whether what I do is really worth it. Maybe what I do is so much smaller, but he gives me hope of succeeding, too. His success is inspirational.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CastleVania Rey said:

IMO, the worst chant in wrestling (besides racist/sexist/homophobic garbage) is "This is wrestling! CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP".

Yeah... No shit.

The worst chant in wrestling is when after a crowd goes through their entire routine of overdone chants, they then resort to "This Is Awesome" for a SECOND time because they can't think of anything else because God forbid a match not have crowd participation for more than thirty seconds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

I haven't marked out that hard in ages. Oh Triple H, I'm petitioning the Vatican for sainthood on your behalf. We saw at least three miracles tonight. But I think everyone is missing the obvious why he attacked Rollins.

Finn is his project from NXT and Rollins injured him. So payback for that. That's why he gave the belt to Owens. Owens was his second biggest star in NXT. NXT truly is taking ovah.

I'm guessing you're talking about Stephanie? Can't be hugging another man's wife like that and expect it to be all gravy.  They've played it like Steph/Seth are bit too chummy at times.