DVDVR Message Board

OH MY GOD. (Raw - 29 August 2016)

Dolfan in NYC

I know this is lost in the main event, but that was a really nice effective even chilling moment when Paul suddenly sensed an opening and went from "groveling apology" to "threatening death" with Stephanie and she just kind of gave up because he had her kind of cornered.

• Like 1

@Charlie M. I look forward to a HHH vs Rollins match at Mania. That card always needs a bathroom break.

Oh wait, they might both have musical entrances. Time enough to make a sandwich without missing any of Strowman's job squad getting paid to be druids.

• Like 1

Fucking amazing.  I literally don't think I've been as shocked by a finish since maybe Brock/Taker.  And it was such the right move.  So many fresh title match-ups now:  KO/Rollins, KO/Jericho, KO/Roman, and you know we're getting an epic KO/Sami down the line if he holds on to it long enough.

Man, I watched this and all I could think of was that Colt podcast he did 4 years ago where he pretty much believed that he had blown it and he would never truly make it in wrestling because it just wasn't worth the sacrifice he was making.

And here we are. 

• Like 5

Did anyone notice Steph multiple times tonight refer to this bout as being for the first Universal champion?  Are they totally scrapping the one-day Balor reign from the books?

Kevin basically bawling as show went off the air was a great touch.

Why is Byron and the backstage interviewers such dicks to the jobbers?

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Fucking amazing.  I literally don't think I've been as shocked by a finish since maybe Brock/Taker.  And it was such the right move.  So many fresh title match-ups now:  KO/Rollins, KO/Jericho, KO/Roman, and you know we're getting an epic KO/Sami down the line if he holds on to it long enough.

Man, I watched this and all I could think of was that Colt podcast he did 4 years ago where he pretty much believed that he had blown it and he would never truly make it in wrestling because it just wasn't worth the sacrifice he was making.

And here we are. 

Fuck, that podcast was heavy. He was pretty much done with it all at that point.  Colt replayed that not too long ago and it was cool to think he was NXT  champ at the tune he replayed it. Now he's WWE champ. 

Good for him, so unbelievably happy for Kevin.  The guy just straight up deserved it. 

• Like 1

Owens winning the title is cool and all, but DID YOU SEE THAT STAREDOWN WITH HHH/FOLEY/STEPH?!!?

I cannot wait to see where this goes. Did Steph know Triple H was going to do this?! How will those 3 co-exist? Who answers to whom? Who has veto power? Who calls the shots? Who gives a shit?

• Like 6

This is one of those times someone wins the title in such a screwy way that it won't ever matter because the guy everyone knew should win and no one thought would, actually did. 

Congrats to KO and props to Big Cass who never looked like he didn't belong in that match and kept up with everyone 100%. 

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

Oh!  Putting Dana Brooke with The Club is fantastic.  She's going to kill in that role as a pin-up girl manager.  And she apparently has real heat with Gallows' wife already!  Run with it, WWE.

I just like the idea that heels stick together like they used to on Saturday Night's Main Event.

• Like 5

Just now, Matt D said:

I look forward to Jericho celebrating.

"Hey, buddy, this could be so big for me...you...for you...yeah."

"Thanks, friend.  Can you go get me that water now? I have an interview to do."

[grits teeth] "Yeah.  I'll get you that,....pal."

• Like 2

Just now, tlk23 said:

A little foreshadowing with Foley and Steph talking about wanting a clean finish just before the match in the back.

Followed by Foley standing there with his thumb up his ass while an anything-but-clean finish unfolded five feet away from him.

Real happy for KO. Admittedly, I almost thought we'd be getting Seth as champion, so that's one bullet dodged. HHH getting involved = MEH. If it's him and Rollins starting a feud, then I'll save plenty of time watching RAW by fast-forwarding past them. :P

Just now, APO said:

Real happy for KO. Admittedly, I almost thought we'd be getting Seth as champion, so that's one bullet dodged. HHH getting involved = MEH. If it's him and Rollins starting a feud, then I'll save plenty of time watching RAW by fast-forwarding past them. :P

THinking back to that moment it's insane how willing I was to assume they were stupid enough to just reset us back to Rollins/Authority after all this time. It would have been soul-crushing, but in the business killing way.  And I was about 50/50 that was the way they were going to go.