DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

How The Cult of Obe Happened.

3. He was pitted against the Ric Flair's of Westeros, when there wasn't really any viable competition, but he actually looked like real competition not just some jabrone they needed Flair to work a miracle with at the Omni.

I'd say the Mountain is more The Vader of Westwros.

I think he's more like a Vader/Lesnar hybrid.

When I mentioned Flair, i was referring to The Lannisters(Tywin). Mountain was supposed to be(in my mind) the gatekeeper match that would have catapulted Obe into the main event. Instead The Mountain was more like the car Magnum T.A. was driving.

damn

I'm more concerned with who The Quebeccers are in this scenario.

Jon and Sam.

Impossible.  The Night's Watch is an organization sworn to protect and serve the entire country, not just one part of it, as explicitly stated in their mission statement and the vows Jon and Sam took.

Jacques and Pierre, conversely, explicitly abdicated any comparable responsibility in their theme song, wherein they sang "we're NOT the mounties" i.e. they are not policemen, they are not public servants, they are not here to protect you.  They're out for themselves.

Sam could plausibly steal Pierre's le cannonball Finishing Move though, admittedly.  But that's as close as it gets.

• Like 1

Okay. The more I think about it

Sansa and The Suckler have to hook up with the place Obe was from. Dorn? Because that place is going to be pissed. Also they got Cersei's kid. AndObe's home town is on the sea with ships and shit(that's what he and Cersei were talking about, right) - so they gotta hook up with Dany and her Dragons.

Lannisters are fucked here after this episode.

Okay. The more I think about it

Sansa and The Suckler have to hook up with the place Obe was from. Dorn? Because that place is going to be pissed. Also they got Cersei's kid. AndObe's home town is on the sea with ships and shit(that's what he and Cersei were talking about, right) - so they gotta hook up with Dany and her Dragons.

Lannisters are fucked here after this episode.

I don't read the book and don't want spoilers, but for the last few eps, it clearly seems like we are headed for WWW(World War Westeros):

Stannis/The Bank/Tyrell's/Dany vs The Lannisters

The Bolton's vs Greyjoy's

Nights Watch vs The Bald guy's crew or the Wildings(and maybe the Whitewalkers?)

Dany vs the new slave master

I'm more concerned with who The Quebeccers are in this scenario.

Book 5 characters in Essos. Might not be in the show. I've already said too much.

What's with all the talk of Stannis running into Tyrion or whatever?  I figured he was building an army to travel north and save the Wall from the Wildling army, like he said he was gonna do at the end of last season.

But I'm admittedly usually drinking when I watch the show, so I could have missed a million other things.

Stannis is going North to the Wall to fight the Wildlings?

I should pay more attention to those scenes.

That's what they said last year.  But They didn't mention any walls when they were making their pitch to the money guys.  It was all Iron Throne - weak king - rightful heir - smugglers are cool.

The words "wall" "north" "snow" "crazy fucking zombies" or "Melisandre, please put some clothes on" have not been spoken at Stannis' court for a loooong time so far as we can tell.

I honestly don't know what everyone knows. The Lannisters know about Dany and The Dragons. I can't remember if they knew about the shit going down at the Wall. I know at some point a while back the Wall asked for more troops, but I think Ned was alive then.

I just assumed the Nights Watch was supressing Jon's claims of zombies and Wildlings - so I'm not even sure how Stannis knows or why he'd focus on that.

Wait did the Booby Witch tell him? That sounds familiar.

That one old dude at the wall sent out all the last Crows or Ravens or whatever with messages to all the big shots.  So they all know both about the Wildlings and the white walkers.

Tywin has mentioned it this year in one of his "Things are tough all over speeches."

But Stannis was the only one to take it seriously when both Davos and Melissaaaaaahhhhhhhhhndreehhhhhhh lost their poo over it.  Davos read the scroll first.

Davos gave that speech to Stannis at the end of S3 telling him that he needs to quit trying to be the king and act like the king and respond to the request for help from the Night's Watch.  Melisandre agreed that they needed to focus on the North.  I'm guessing that Joffrey's death put those plans to the wayside, but it's still hard to tell what's going on.  Stannis probably thinks that he's got time to go kick some Lannister ass first now that things might be in disarray after the Purple Wedding.

You bastard this for real. It's not like the Tropic Thunder gag I've done twice now and Rippa can't remember, even though he told everyone it was a bit the FIRST time.

There's a lot of shit on this show I don't remember. Is Roose the psycho guy's dad? The one who turned Theon Reek?

Meet me half way here.

I don't know if anyone truly believes the wildlings are on their way except Jon Snow. He talked about the giants and everyone was like "yeah, sure thing buddy"

Except Sam and Maester Aemon, who are in charge of sending messages to everyone in the 7 Kingdoms.  Not only that, they all accept that the Wildlings have amassed an army and are on their way south, they just don't believe the Wildlings are organized and/or disciplined enough to defeat the Night's Watch.  Alliser Thorne just hates Jon's guts.  Alliser Thorne fought on the losing side of Robert's Rebellion and holds a grudge against the Starks and since Jon is a Stark bastard he gets the brunt of it.  

Every king, and major house in Westeros got a letter saying the Wildlings were coming, they just don't care.  The Night's Watch, like everything north of the neck is fucking ancient, and most of the upjumped southerners don't really respect and/or understand it.  Most noble houses of the North still volunteer second and third sons to join The Night's Watch(like Benjen Stark, remember him?), but everyone else just sends their criminals.  Northerners have a general understanding that the Wildlings are a legit threat, but most southerners have never seen one, heard of one, or ever really had to think about one. 

You bastard this for real. It's not like the Tropic Thunder gag I've done twice now and Rippa can't remember, even though he told everyone it was a bit the FIRST time.

There's a lot of shit on this show I don't remember. Is Roose the psycho guy's dad? The one who turned Theon Reek?

Meet me half way here.

Roose is the Crazy Guy, Ramsay's, dad.  He's also the one that delievered the killing blow to Robb last season at the Red Wedding with the "The Lannisters send their regards."  He's son-in-law to the Hogwarts Janitor.