DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

As I was saying.... internet... 

???

If this is directed my way, I think she's absolutely beautiful. The Drew Barrymore Mouth Syndrome comment was merely an observation on my end. It's little imperfections like that that I find incredibly beautiful for some odd reason.

• Like 1

OK, so I was watching the first season just to refresh myself on all the characters I may have missed the first time around and because I didn't want to re-read the books again. One thing they show early on is that Arya could shoot an arrow perfectly and they show her training with her sword trainer. It would be really neat if they showed her with these skills she learned in the first seasons as she is making her way through the land with the Hound. Now that she has Needle back, it would be a perfect time to see her display some of the moves and technique she was taught in the first season. 

I'm just shocked that there are people who don't think Lady Tyrell is attractive.

She's a very good actress, but IMO she has the face of a shaved mogwai, man.    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we're two different beholderers or something.  I have a thing for Stacy Dash and Televiper has given me friendly ridicule for liking a girl with a man-jaw and a helium pump for a voice box.  I know how to take a good-natured ribbing.

"Yeah.. internet" must be the new "hipster" thing people use when disagreement rears its head.

Anyway, Oleanna is the best grandma in the world, but there was a lot of telegraphing of plot in this episode.  The focus on Tommen and Oleanna's line about the next one being easier puts everything at your feet a little too conveniently.

The scene with Jaime and Cersei was... awkward... to say the least.

Khal Drogo smiles from the abyss.  Daenerys is fucking metal.

And what EVA said.  I love the new Daario and that's bad.  Bring back the sketchy blonde dude from Season 3.

I really thought the new Daario reveal was awkward as hell. Old Daario: Clean shaven, long blond hair, massive douchebag. New Daario: COMPLETELY DIFFERENT*

*except for the name

No love for Tywin keeping it real in front of Cersai and her son's corpse?

All kinds of love.  Tywin being all "I know he was my grandson and your brother, Tommen, but Joffrey really was a shitty king" ruled.

Oberyn keeping it real in front of Tywin was also pretty fucking awesome.

• Like 3

I must have missed something because I don't remember them traveling to this new city or where they were or why they were going there but I guess the mother of dragons conquered another one rather easily.

Tywin was a boss. Yeah yeah Joffrey is dead but fuck it lets get down to business.

I love the hound and Arya pairing. Love them so much.

The best parts of this episode were Daario's naked lady knife throw, Pod's sticking to the G-Code, and Tywin/Tommen. 

Daario is one of those characters that sometimes I like, and sometimes I hate and this is one of those times I like him.  He is such a self-important douche it makes me want to punch him in the face, but sometimes he will make you understand why he has such a high opinion of himself.  He's undeniably an asshole, but he is a capable asshole.

Pod is a mumbling, quiet kid in the books, but he is straight up gangsta on the show.  He isn't that much of a departure from the books, except in the books he has "stumbletoungue."  Not being able to speak well made him come off as kind of pathetic, but in the show he is a straight up G and I like the change. 

Tywin and Tommen's scene was excellent, is there a way Charles Dance can get an award for this?  Tyrion and Jaime will probably the be two HBO would like to nominate, but Tywin owns every single scene he is in.  He basically gets a scene per episode where he explains how the world works and unlike everyone else on the show he can do it without a bunch of naked ladies around.(I am not and will not complain about naked ladies.)  His scene with Oberyn was pretty good too, but I had one problem with how it was written.  Tywin dismisses Oberyn as a suspect because he knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't kill the king in public, but he's Tyrion's dad are we trying to say that he knows Oberyn better than Tyrion?  Everybody aknowledges that if Tyrion is anything, he's smart so his own father believes he would do something as dumb as poisining the king in front of everyone?  That doesn't make sense to me, but it seems like a sloppily written scene. 

The worst parts were Sam/Gilly and the Kingslayer becoming the Queenraper.  Sam taking Gilly to a whorehouse, south of The Wall when he knows wildling raiders are coming from the south doesn't seem very smart to me.  Does he really think she is less likely to be raped in a whorehouse with no security that also is in the direct path of the wildlings than he is at Castle Black?  Plus it is a fucking whorehouse, she is sleeping on the floor in a whorehouse with a newborn.  I understand that they can change whatever they want, but at least make changes that make sense. 

Jaime raping Cersei was strange?  I don't really understand why having incestuous sex next to their secret bastard's dead body wasn't shocking enough, but what do I know.

Oh yeah, did you see my baby's mother of dragons make an entire city piss themselves?  She is such a cute little conqueror. 

His scene with Oberyn was pretty good too, but I had one problem with how it was written.  Tywin dismisses Oberyn as a suspect because he knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't kill the king in public, but he's Tyrion's dad are we trying to say that he knows Oberyn better than Tyrion?  Everybody acknowledges that if Tyrion is anything, he's smart so his own father believes he would do something as dumb as poisining the king in front of everyone?  That doesn't make sense to me, but it seems like a sloppily written scene.

Tyrion is the shame of Tywin's loins.  I don't think that Tywin really gives a rat's ass whether or not Tyrion is guilty because it is a win / win.  Joffrey's shitty rule is over and Tyrion's days of power and influence are done.

• Like 1

Yeah, the rape thing was awful. There's a quote from the director where he justifies it by saying it started out as rape but then it became consensual. Just....no. 1) It's out of character for Jaime to even get rapey. 2) Somebody needs to investigate that director.

Sam sending Gilly south, to Moletown I assume, was pretty dumb, too. For all the reseasons supreme stated, plus THAT'S WHERE ALL THE NIGHTSWATCH GUYS GO TO GET THEIR FUCK ON ANYWAY. You're moving her to a place where she's just as likely to get raped but where no one will protect her!

His scene with Oberyn was pretty good too, but I had one problem with how it was written.  Tywin dismisses Oberyn as a suspect because he knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't kill the king in public, but he's Tyrion's dad are we trying to say that he knows Oberyn better than Tyrion?  Everybody acknowledges that if Tyrion is anything, he's smart so his own father believes he would do something as dumb as poisining the king in front of everyone?  That doesn't make sense to me, but it seems like a sloppily written scene.

Tyrion is the shame of Tywin's loins.  I don't think that Tywin really gives a rat's ass whether or not Tyrion is guilty because it is a win / win.  Joffrey's shitty rule is over and Tyrion's days of power and influence are done.

Yeah, I think it's a situation where Tyrion makes a convenient patsy and the sooner Tywin can get this assassination business behind them, the sooner he can turn his full attention to the myriad problems brewing elsewhere.

Yeah, I think it's a situation where Tyrion makes a convenient patsy and the sooner Tywin can get this assassination business behind them, the sooner he can turn his full attention to the myriad problems brewing elsewhere.

Tywin is also gaming Oberyn's arrogance.  Flattery may not get you everywhere, but reaction to flattery will tell you a lot.

I agree to a point, but does he really want to be the father of two kingslayers?  His whole life is based on trying to keep his family strong, and if he could clear Tyrion's name I think he would.  He doesn't like Tyrion, but he doesn't want Tyrion fucking with the Lannister program either. Tyrion being convicted of a capital crime instead of becoming Lord of Winterfell puts a huge hit to the future of the Lannister line.  Remember, Tyrion is also the most likely to sire an heir to Casterly Rock.  Cersei having a child with Loras is pretty unlikely, especially at her age, and Jaime can't have a son who can legally inherit anything.  Tyrion may be an embarrassment and a pain in Tywin's ass, but as far as Tywin knows he is the future of the Lannister family.

Yeah, the rape thing was awful. There's a quote from the director where he justifies it by saying it started out as rape but then it became consensual. Just....no. 1) It's out of character for Jaime to even get rapey. 2) Somebody needs to investigate that director.

I'm glad I am not the only one who felt the Jaime-Cersei scene was a little off kilter.

From the commentary track for Season 3, the bath scene with Jaime and Brienne was suppose to turn sexual and the director put the kabosh on that because it would have felt too inconsistent with the characters. Even Nikolaj and Gwendoline were like, "we like George R.R. Martin and all, but for the sake of God, everything doesn't have to be super creepy." They failed to do it with this scene. I didn't like it at all.

He's made it clear he doesn't want Tyrion, or potential Tyrion heirs, near the Rock.  Getting rid of Tyrion would give Tommen and *his* heirs the Rock.  He named Bolton Warden of the North, so its just playing the long game there.  Besides, they'll stop fighting when the Wildlings come through the Wall, right?

He's made it clear he doesn't want Tyrion, or potential Tyrion heirs, near the Rock.  Getting rid of Tyrion would give Tommen and *his* heirs the Rock.  He named Bolton Warden of the North, so its just playing the long game there.  Besides, they'll stop fighting when the Wildlings come through the Wall, right?

Tommen is king, and his kids will be royal Baratheon's so they would get Storm's End and Dragonstone before Casterly Rock.  Tyrion being married to Sansa, the living heir to Winterfell is a much more powerful position than being Warden of the North when you betrayed Robb Stark.  The North is about as big as the other 6 kingdoms combined, and they all hate Roose, but love the Starks.  Putting Tyrion and Sansa in Winterfell would solve a shitload of problems up there.  He could claim to not want Tyrion to be the lord of Casterly Rock, but he would definitely want a Lannister to be in Casterly Rock and Tyrion is the only person with the last name Lannister who could do that.

Since they have to remind us about Sam and the Gilly girl...

Where the fuck is Yara? She set sail and was never held from again.

If their track record for made up shit continues with her, let her stay gone.  I love the expansions of characters that spend most of the books off page, but most of the made up plots have left a lot to be desired. 

I'm just saying that before the preemptive "X finally shows up to do something and doesn't appear for another three episodes".

I found her strangely fascinating in season two. Then she was reduced to staring at her estranged brother's severed genitalia. These storylines can't all be winners, I guess.