DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He's not an executive and clearly a performer, I don't know how they would skate around that but either way this makes WWE look like they've been covering for him even if that's not the case. He has to be off SummerSlam. It'll still be a sellout and probably wouldn't hurt the network subs too much. Still, he was red hot coming off UFC 200. Vince must be losing his shit.

Greatest combat athlete ever*

*Not named Steven Seagal. He would never do steroids. Hair plugs maybe but never PEDs.

As someone posted on Twitter, I think that is the last time you will see any WWE superstar on an MMA or major sporting event where actual drug testing is going on.  Especially the part timers that everyone knows is on the juice.    

• Like 1

Well if they suspend Brock for 30 days now, he'll be clear to wrestle in time for Summer Slam. Show they're really serious about their wellness policy by only having Paul Heyman make TVs to promote Brock. That'll show them.

• Like 1

Just now, hammerva said:

As someone posted on Twitter, I think that is the last time you will see any WWE superstar on an MMA or major sporting event where actual drug testing is going on.  Especially the part timers that everyone knows is on the juice.    

The thing is...what guy would be able to do that even before this came out? I don't think the UFC is actively hunting for like Dolph Ziggler or whomever may have a amateur wrestling or MMA background. Brock was a superstar and already won a UFC title. Once you get past Brock, it's a long, long way before you get to anyone else that they may have slight interest in. Unless Matt Riddle becomes the next Stone Cold Steve Austin, yeah I doubt they would bring him back. He wasn't that good of a MMA fighter. He's best known for knocking out that one scrub on TUF and weirding out Herb Dean. That's the highlight of his MMA career.

50 minutes ago, hammerva said:

What they really should do is have Seth Rollins cut a promo on RAW saying that he must be the greatest champ ever because he beat Reigns and Brock for the title 2 years ago and BOTH of them were on the juice

Seth's never offered his opinion on it, but from what I've heard his girlfriend hates the juice. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

This is going to hurt Brock’s draft stock. Wonder if Shane will still take a flier on him in the later rounds of the draft. Could be a big boost for Smackdown if they can keep him clean.

He'll go in the same round as Reigns. I say at least 2 rounds before either member of the Ascension.

• Like 1

]

9 minutes ago, Hooker said:

I don't want to live in a world where we have to doubt that someone who looks like Brock Lesnar got that way without the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Fortunately, the WWE has lots of wrestlers to cheer for who are 100% as determined by the Wellness policy.  John Cena, Big E, Ryback, Neville.  The list goes on and on.

3 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

This is going to hurt Brock’s draft stock. Wonder if Shane will still take a flier on him in the later rounds of the draft. Could be a big boost for Smackdown if they can keep him clean.

If you could get busted by USADA for smoking pot, they could do an angle where they post Brock in a Laremy Tunsill like bong gas mask 5 minutes before Smackdown

• Like 1

Everyone automatically assumes PED's when one of these doping things comes back. Technically just taking a cold medicine or a regular doctors prescription for something could get you popped. It's happened to plenty of Olympic athletes who lost medals because they took an allergy pill.

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

Everyone automatically assumes PED's when one of these doping things comes back. Technically just taking a cold medicine or a regular doctors prescription for something could get you popped. It's happened to plenty of Olympic athletes who lost medals because they took an allergy pill.

So far, for all of the USADA failures in the UFC, we have yet....yet.....to find anyone who failed for anything like that. Matter of fact, I don't think anyone in the UFC history has failed for cold medicine. That's something you would normally disclose on the pre-fight questionnaire. And the people who did fail for something prescribed by a doctor was for physicians giving out TUEs for testosterone. That era ended like a year and a half ago.

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've never bought Cena as being clean especially with how quickly he returns from injuries but hey he's never been caught so I guess he must be :)

I've always assumed he was on HGH, which you can make a pretty compelling case in favor of.

• Like 1

Maybe I heard wrong, but Meltzer said the Nevada might try to go after his purse that wasn't part of Brock's $2.5 million guarantee. I've never heard them do that before. If it was any state but Nevada and the current regime, I doubt that would happen. Anthony Marnell and Pat "Do you speak and understand English?" Lundvall would try to do that and the other folks on the commission would fall behind them. Man, I don't think Lesnar would be the dude who would sit down for a 2 1/2 - 3 hour roast session. However, if he doesn't, he might lose millions of dollars because of it.

20 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Is there any possibility that Brock tested positive for a substance that, while banned from athletes in competition, might otherwise be legal and not prohibited by the Wellness Policy?

That's absolutely possible because the WADA list is long as fuck (to the point where I've heard fighters say they've stopped taking supplements altogether) and god knows what's NOT on the wellness policy list.

• Like 1