DVDVR Message Board

ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL - Summer 2016

Dolfan in NYC

I thought that they aren't going to retroactively take away players' work visas; that those 100 players are people who wouldn't have been granted a permit if they applied in the current situation.  Is this wrong?

On 25.6.2016 at 1:00 AM, Randy said:

I thought that they aren't going to retroactively take away players' work visas; that those 100 players are people who wouldn't have been granted a permit if they applied in the current situation.  Is this wrong?

Probably not wrong. Plus it might take ages for any changes to occure anyway. I have the feeling that football is going to be one of the areas less effected from the "leave"-referendum than others.

I think it's more like the media trying to entice those who don't care about politics. 

"Brexit! Look!"

"nah it's ok, politics is ghey bruh"

"but... SPORT! It'll fuck up your SPORT!!"

"no! Not my sport!" 

• Like 2

Boy city finally beat us today, but they should remember this: that's just a win, until they match it 7-0 is eternal #NYisRED

OK then

MADRID, July 6 (Reuters) - Barcelona's Argentinian soccer star Lionel Messi has been sentenced to 21 months in prison and fined 2 million euros ($2.2 million) after being found guilty of three counts of tax fraud, a court in the Spanish city said on Wednesday.

The court handed the same jail sentence to the Argentine soccer player's father, Jorge, and fined him 1.5 million euros. However, in Spain it is customary that those sentenced to under two years for non-violent crimes do not serve time in jail.

After Metro missed a golden chance to win late my friend Big Jake had a stunned look of disbelief and he turned and grabbed me. This ended up on national tv as the moment of the match. That sums up the entire match.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

He is retired, that's why he's playing in America. 

2002 called, it wants it's "MLS is a retirement home for washed up players" joke back.