DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

Obviously it is hard to tell based on just that trailer - but if Detriot Become Human relies more on just making choices between two buttons as opposed to all the wacky QT events you have to do in previous games - I will have a much better chance of actually playing it

Horizon sold me a PS4, period.  God Of War is a no brainer for me as well.  I'll probably never touch that biker zombie game, only because I'm burnt on Zombie games.  Although I say that, I'm also hoping that you don't need to go VR to play RE7.  I'm in on Detroit.  I have no idea what the hell the Kojima game is supposed to be, but that's pretty par for the course with Kojima.  It's him, so I'll at least give it a try. 

I know it got massively shit on when the trailer first dropped, but I'm actually kinda interested in Infinite Warfare.

Deciding between Infinite Warfare and the Batttlefield game will be a tough choice. 

I was pretty well sold in getting a One S but when I saw that the PSVR comes out this fall I don't know that I'll get the XBONE.  I will absolutely be getting the PSVR. I just saw the gun peripheral that will be available for it. Says it promises 1:1 FPS precision. I'm going to look so stupid playing these games lol. 

I think I used that to anal probe zombies in one of the Dead Rising games.

While I really wanted the Suckerpunch Spidey rumors to be true, this game from Insomniac looks dope as fuck.

The only game I'm really excited about, Persona 5, got delayed to valentine's day next year, so I'm kind of meh about everything I should actually be excited about.  I've only been waiting like 9 fucking years for a proper new sequel.

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I honestly don't remember what I did and did not post in this thread so here is this (possibly again)

This reminded me that I need to pick up Stick of Truth for dirt cheap and finish playing it.

Also, can Butters be the big bad monster boss at the end of this thing/

Chaos, don't buy Stick of Truth.  Order off of their website for the new game and you get SoT free.  Check Ubisoft's conference.

As for Sony, my wife and I are 1000% all in on Sony so most of those games definitely appealed to us.  As much as I griped about the VR the quality and variety of the presented games look really good.  For a lot of them you can play them just fine without VR.  Or in the case of FFXV the VR will be separate from the actual game.  I'm concerned about things like motion sickness and ultimately won't know how I'll feel until trying it out.  I'm hoping for a demo at a store to get a feel for it.  But if all goes well we're going to spend a shite ton on all things Sony.

People are complaining that the new God of War is too different? I remember when God of War III came out and a lot of people complained tha it's just "same old same old". I guess you can never please everyone. I think it looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. Same goes for Horizon and the Biker Zombie game.

1 minute ago, The Z said:

People are complaining that the new God of War is too different? I remember when God of War III came out and a lot of people complained tha it's just "same old same old". I guess you can never please everyone. I think it looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. Same goes for Horizon and the Biker Zombie game.

Really?  That God of War trailer is my favorite thing from E3 so far.  There wasn't really anything else they could do with him as a Spartan, so I'm looking forward to killing the Norse pantheon.

Also, starting out with a symphony in a fairly big theater was super impressive.  That really set the tone, and the crowd was bonkers throughout the show.  The reaction to God of War was insane and gave us massive goosebumps.

Also, my e3 highlight has been seeing a friend of mine posting a bunch of shit on Facebook and Twitter about Agents of Mayhem. He's one of the devs for it and has been all over the game floor. Fun stuff and super proud of a buddy being on this stage. He also worked on Saints Row 4 and 3, but he wasn't part of the show or anything, so this is quite a bit different.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, my e3 highlight has been seeing a friend of mine posting a bunch of shit on Facebook and Twitter about Agents of Mayhem. He's one of the devs for it and has been all over the game floor. Fun stuff and super proud of a buddy being on this stage. He also worked on Saints Row 4 and 3, but he wasn't part of the show or anything, so this is quite a bit different.  

Tell your friend I'll be one of many getting Agents of Mayhem the day it comes out, reviews be damned.

6 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Tell your friend I'll be one of many getting Agents of Mayhem the day it comes out, reviews be damned.

He's super excited for it so I trust that it's going to be awesome.