DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Also, there are some rumors that Sony was going to finish last night with a Red Dead trailer, but it basically featured a guy shooting up a Saloon, and, umm, not the best timing.

Yes in fact those rumors were in this very thread

• Like 1

That does make sense.  I thought Days Gone was an initially odd choice to end the show with.  But there is something cool about tons of zombies spilling out like a waterfall that I got a kick out of anyway.

Also, remember that guy who wore Sasha's Legit Boss rings for the Ubisoft Press Conference?  Well, funny thing about that:

EDIT:  Speaking of Sasha, just saw that she's in WWE 2K17 along with Cena and Warrior.  That's what's going on so far.

I'm just glad that after over a decade Microsoft figured out how to make a console without a gigantic external power brick. My main gripe about MS in the past has been their crappy designed hardware and propensity for charging consumers extra for things that should be included out of the box. It's good to see them finally getting that squared away. The One S looks to be a solid design and it's nice to see it with the same price point as the older model XBONE. 

Nintendo announced in their Treehouse video that Pokemon Go will be free, and $35 if you want their little devices for the Plus version.  And it comes out next month.  I know a couple people that will be excited about this news, so that's good for them.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I want to be excited about Agents of Mayhem but I need gameplay footage that isn't a Twitch feed

The more I play SR4 the more I miss SR2, so I find myself not caring about Agents of Mayhem and wanting a traditional crime sandbox game from Volition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You and Stout really are old men yelling at the clouds

Don't front like your inner ghoul didn't grin big as you and Johnny Gat buried Shogo Akuji alive in Stilwater Cemetery.

• Like 1

This is why I love OxBox - a great breakdown of all the things going around with Microsoft announcing two consoles in terms that an idiot (ie: me) can work with

For as wacky as The Third and IV got, nothing tops Carlos getting literally dragged through the streets followed by Jessica getting kidnapped and crushed by her own boyfriend in a fucking monster truck.

Radiation tattoo ---------> dragging ---------> monster truck crushing ------------> Fighting through a building to murder Maero will never be topped as a sequence of events in any of these open-world gangland games. Ever. I miss SR2 as much as anyone. 

• Like 2

I knew I was playing a special game when I decapitated a man and threw his head on to the conveyor belt at a meat packing plant.

The leader of the 3rd Street Saints gave zero fucks.

The thing I miss most about SR2 is actually the story structure. Giving each gang a full set of missions, none of which were "go do Insurance Fraud, because that will magically give you control of this section of Luchador turf" and a story independent of the other gangs', with Ultor as the cherry on top. I'd be okay with another superhero game if they did that I think.

17 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The thing I miss most about SR2 is actually the story structure. Giving each gang a full set of missions, none of which were "go do Insurance Fraud, because that will magically give you control of this section of Luchador turf" and a story independent of the other gangs', with Ultor as the cherry on top. I'd be okay with another superhero game if they did that I think.

Well. I'm hopeful that story heavy sandbox games are returning to the forefront with the announcement of Watch Dogs 2 and there is still Red Dead 2 and the ghost of GTA6 looming on the horizon.

I'm actually curious as to what Volition will do with Saint's Row now that SR4 seems to have just been a tech demo for the game mechanics of Agents of Mayhem.

While I like seeing streams of video game coverage, I miss seeing the wacky side of E3.  I loved when G4 would cover games but also show the show floor.  They still do elaborate sets with official cosplayers and I wouldn't mind seeing that from time to time.  If there's any sites or streaming video channels that still do that I'd love to see it.

9 minutes ago, NickMD said:

While I like seeing streams of video game coverage, I miss seeing the wacky side of E3.  I loved when G4 would cover games but also show the show floor.  They still do elaborate sets with official cosplayers and I wouldn't mind seeing that from time to time.  If there's any sites or streaming video channels that still do that I'd love to see it.

E3 was reeled in a couple of years ago so that it is more in line with the standards of a traditional trade show, so there isn't much of the casual wackiness you've seen in the past.  I don't think that it is open freely to the public like it used to be.

If UpUpDownDown is any indication they still have those sets and all that comes with it.  For Tekken 7 they had the crew there, and for I think the new Mafia Xavier was talking about how elaborate they made it with music and everything.  It wouldn't hurt anybody's credibility if they showcased that once in a while.

• Like 1