DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

I have seen rumbles (not confirmed by anything official yet) that Take Two decided to cancel the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer at E3 due to the events of Orlando (due to the trailer showing some inncocent people getting shot)

Welp, I'm buying an NX for open-world Zelda. 

They put weapon degradation, jumping, and crafting in this Zelda game. Do want. 

What is funny is that the only two things I care about from Nintendo are Zelda and Pokemon

So it is amusing those are the only two things they are showing.

That being said - only showing two games during this length of time is A LOT

I guess they figured that's all anybody gave a crap about.  While it's great to see lots of Zelda, I guess they're fine with being basically a nostalgia company anymore.  It's a shame because they put out legendary franchises and they're still making tons of money off of that.  It's just too bad that they can't find that magic to get new ones even near that status.  I guess if you want to count Splatoon, but I'm not.

Stick of Truth was fun except for the turn-based combat, which was fun but too slow. I dig the throwback vibe they were going for, and I didn't mind it as long as the combat advanced the story, but the random fights against kids and wolves and whatnot made me wanna pull my hair out.

So of course Fractured but Whole has turn-based combat. It supposedly has a different spin on it this time, though. Gotta admire their will to put out RPGs with classic RPG features.

Eh, doesn't matter how worried I am about getting tired of it, I'll buy it like the good little South Park mark I am.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Declaring who "won" an E3 press conference is as dumb as handing out letter grades the day after the NFL draft

I declare that the consumers won E3.   There is an affordable XBone on the market for me to budget for and If I hit the Pick 4, I am setting some loot aside for a 2 Cold Scorpio.

Yeah, a new NieR title!  I wonder if there is a hermaphrodite in this game with as horrible of a potty mouth as the one in the first one?

• Like 1

JT, there's been an affordable Xbone on the market. This one just looks different and doesn't come with the same insane bundles that have been offered. Last week or the week before they were offering the Xbone, an extra controller and something like 5 games for $300 or $350, I forget which.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

JT, there's been an affordable Xbone on the market.

Have you seen my mortgage, bro? :)

That's not even including the two 529 plans I am working on for my kid and my kinda sorta new grandkid and the savings I have budgeted for other stuff like vacations and the rainy day fund.

I am all about reduced price points and the significant other has weeded out all but the most justified expenditures. 

I won't get a NX, but I will get Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U. It's as if Aonuma played every AAA game on PS3/360 (Fallout 3/NV, SOTC/ICO, Skyrim, Dark Souls, etc.) and found elements he liked that would work for Zelda.

I'm actually excited.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Right, but you said there's an affordable system on the market for you to budget for. That system plus a ton of extras have been there for you to budget for. 

True enough, my friend, but at least now I have a much nicer slim model to budget for and have waited the market out long enough for any hardware issues to resolve themselves.

I bought into 360 early and lived through the RRoD.  I learned my lesson about jumping in at launch.

Yeah - I will get Zelda for the Wii U

I am sure my son will ask for it and I will buy it and he will never play it - just like all the other games he has for the WiiU

I really should just take it out of his room and put it in the living room.

It would get more use that way

• Like 1

Make no mistake, I'm kind of in your camp. I think I said a week or so ago when Rippa posted the last insane deal that I was worried to go in on a Xbone now in case they change something with the system. I do like the look of the slim model much more than the current model, but it helps to get the extra controller and some games to test out.

Then again, many of those games are fairly inexpensive as far as games go. Maybe it's not as big of a deal. I just hope new bugs aren't introduced by going to a smaller system build.

28 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Call me old fashioned, but the more turn based RPG's I can get my hands on the better. 

Did you play Stick of Truth?

It's fun for a while, but your combat options get old by the time you run into every critter and goober who wants to fight in the game's typical "random" encounters. I mean, there's only so many times you can fart on someone before you say "yeah, yeah, can we move on, please?"

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Jesus, Breath of Fire is coming out for Wii U.  Suddenly I am back in middle school again and need to play this game.

Didn't know about this. That is neat. I'm just waiting for an announcement for the release date of Dragon Quest VII for 3DS.

Psychonauts is the perfect IP for VR. 

Shit, I eventually have to get PSVR now. I forgot that this was coming out and would address the sequel hook at the end of the first Psychonauts. 

Fuuuuuuuuu