DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

I guess it is close enough with enough news starting to come out. Like Nintendo devoting it's entire time to Legend of Zelda

Nintendo previously announced that their presence at E3 would be heavily focused on the upcoming The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and they’ve now announced that they will transform their entire booth at the event to immerse fans into the world of The Legend of Zelda franchise.

“At E3 this year, we’re treating people to an immersive Zelda experience,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “By giving attendees extended hands-on time with this remarkable game, they’ll be able to get a much deeper understanding of something new for the franchise.”

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed The Legend of Zelda gameplay. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.

Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new installment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the conventions of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experienced in previous games in the series.

While people everywhere will be able to watch The Legend of Zelda gameplay online, one lucky fan and a companion will be flown to Los Angeles to enjoy the action in person and be among the first to play the game on the show floor. Between now and May 10, Nintendo is offering a sweepstakes on Twitter for a chance to win a trip for two to E3 to play the game. Anyone who tweets @NintendoAmerica a note about what The Legend of Zelda series means to them while using the hashtags #MyZeldaLegend and #NintendoSweepstakes will be entered for a chance to win. Fans can share messages about their favorite games, characters or memories of the franchise. Nintendo will select a winner at random. The prize package includes airfare for two, a hotel stay, tickets to E3, a $500 prepaid VISA debit card. For all the details about the sweepstakes, click here.

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will launch in 2017 for the console, and the game will also debut as a title for Nintendo’s next console, currently codenamed Nintendo NX.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/683951-nintendo-reveals-e3-plans-will-stream-legend-of-zelda-gameplay-online#rSU4QKm8yYyyJjkB.99

• RIPPA pinned this topic

What I'm excited to see is Persona 5 and its US release date. It's scheduled to come to Japan on 9/15, so I imagine the US release will be later in the year or early 2017.

I heard a rumor that Rockstar is going to do PS4 Remasters for Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto IV. Along with BioShock Collection from 2K.

And I know that J.T. can't wait but there's going to be Watch_Dogs 2 announced. Yay.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

You don't care about Red Dead Revivification?

Not particularly.  I liked the first game but I am not big on Westerns in general.   This game will need to have a story as good as the first one to pull me in.

13 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

And I know that J.T. can't wait but there's going to be Watch_Dogs 2 announced. Yay.

I fell into the Alpha Protocol and Watch Dogs pits and emerged a wiser yet jaded gamer.  It will be up to Ubi to prove to me that Watch Dogs 2 is worth playing.  Running it on the engine that runs The Division would be a step in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At this point in time I don't think anyone wants to do anything associated with The Division at all

It is a good combat model, but it would help if they didn't break the game engine every time they patched it.

• Like 1

Nintendo not showing any NX stuff bums me out. 

I guess that means that I care about seeing these games:

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Cuphead

No Man's Sky

Hot Shots Golf PS4

Civ VI (I believe!)

Red Dead Reveal (I believe!)

Plus, I'm excited for random Vita ports and whatever curveball Sony throws at me. I'm currently a one-current-gen console household, and I sorely want to justify buying a second console. Specifically, I want to justify buying a new Nintendo console, but they're not in the business of helping me do that, I guess.

Nintendo just can't win with me anymore. Their first party games lack the 'oomph' for me (Splatoon notwithstanding) and I can't see current Nintendo really doing anything that great with NX with their launch date being 2017.

The Legend of Zelda looks like their last ditch effort to make something outstanding before the Wii U ends. I wish there was a Super Mario Galaxy 3 on Wii U though.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - Bioware has confirmed that Mass Effort: Andromeda will have a presence at E3 (which I had missed)

So I am good

All other items are secondary

• Like 3

Nintendo has changed it's mind a little bit and will talk about a few other games that aren't Zelda

Most importantly - there will be footage from Pokemon Sun/Moon

Rumors I've heard and gleaned from internet sources:

1. Rare may announce a new Battletoads game when they talk about Sea Of Thieves.

2. Halo Wars 2 Beta news will come soon.

3. Forza Horizon 3 will be set in Austrailia.

4. More talk about the XBone Slim and PS4 Neo redesign.

5. Bethesda will announce Dishonored 2.

6. Xbox Slim may be released as a Titanfall 2 bundle if the schedule holds.

7. Sony will announce MatterFall as a holiday release.

8. Nintendo will discuss the VR features that delayed production of the NX.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dishonored 2 has already been announced but I get what you are saying

Yeah, so many games turn into vaporware before or shortly after E3.  I don't expect Dishonored 2 to just go poof, but I really don't consider anything to be official until I hear an announcement and see actual gameplay at E3.

There had better be a progress report on last year's Shenmue crowdfunding bullshit.  Even I as a government worker have to give a weekly What Have You Done For Our Democracy? update to my boss.  Is there a game engine yet or are we still fleecing the public?

It doesn't seem like E3 without the usual We Swear We Are Working On Skies Of Arcadia 2! rumor.

• Like 1

It's always fun to track the stuff from last year.

Remember how tingly you felt when you saw all of the World Of Assassination trailers for the new Hitman joint?

How do you feel today?

I've heard a rumor that Rockstar Games will announce a Red Dead Redemption Remastered and possibly RDR2 at this year's E3.

I believe the Remastered rumor but not so much RDR2.

Dishonored II is real and has a November release date, how much more is needed?