DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Someone mentioned that this angle won't be stale until Mason Ryan and Jack Swagger join the Corpolution, but if Triple H was REALLY trolling about what was "best for business," wouldn't that be EXACTLY who needs to join up? Recruit Ryback, Ryan, every other Truffle-Shuffling meathead they've trained in the last four years, and just line them up behind HHH as the "future of WWE?" Why not play even more into the biggest criticism the internet has had about the WWE the last decade. Force meatheads down the audience's throat until the Undersized Mafia like Ziggler and Cody and Miz take up arms next to their midget king and make a stand for the literal "little guy."

I think using Bo Dallas and Jake Carter would make more sense.  Actually, bringing up Kassius Ohno and giving him a shave and a haircut as an example of a guy having a makeover that is "good for business" would also make sense.

Didn't say I liked it.  Just saying that it's the more likely endgame for the current angle.  I have a hard time believing the endgame is Orton-Bryan because, simply put, Orton-Cena would generate more interest and would be, dare I say, "better for business".

You guys are looking for a shit ton of nuance in Bryan's character when we don't need it. Why is Bryan running into the fight every week? It's because he's brave, been shown that he can kick ass (think of all the weeks he was cleaning house on The Shield and co. singlehandedly), and is pissed off that his boss doesn't think he's good enough to be champion. Why doesn't have a weapon? When does he ever use a weapon? His whole fighting style is kicking your head in and tapping you. He's not the fucking Sandman. He wants to prove that he's the best WRESTLER in the world. If you want him to drive a Zamboni to the ring or start killing people with chairs, you're going to have a bit of a longer wait (and more relevantly, he DID clean house with a chair on SD).

And what's wrong with being DDP/Luger?

And the line about "Cena isn't giving up the face of the company spot?" Well, considering this is a storyline and not a legitimate sporting event I don't think anyone is really assuming that Orton and Bryan are literally in a fight to determine the future of the WWE. This isn't a quarterback competition. Most everyone we see in this angle will be main eventing, or upper-midcarding for the forseeable future. There's a lot of balls in play. Saying that this angle is all about getting over Daniel Bryan at the expense of everyone else is ridiculous.

On another point, I dig the overarching storyline aspect of this. There's not a lot of that in WWE over the last few years. Like, you'd have heavy shit at the top on the card, and the midcarders and opening match guys would just be oblivious to it. I like that this is impacting a lot of different angles and guys.You also have to figure that Punk and Heyman are getting folded into the main storyline after the PPV too.

It would be funny to see Orton/HHH go over a Punk/Bryan team on a PPV just for badly it would break the internet wrestling world. I want Punk/Heyman to remain separated from the top story for awhile, but the problem is that both stories almost need to be booked the same way (outside interference from a surprise guy screwing both Punk and Bryan as they are about to get their revenge). Therefore, the stories could fold together easily (not to mention the history between Punk and HHH coming back into play is very logical).

Didn't say I liked it.  Just saying that it's the more likely endgame for the current angle.  I have a hard time believing the endgame is Orton-Bryan because, simply put, Orton-Cena would generate more interest and would be, dare I say, "better for business".

Unlike Orton or Ziggler or Punk, Daniel Bryan offers the WWE the potential to be the sort of babyface main eventer who would make them more comfortable in entertaining the idea of turning Cena.  They've been looking for a guy who can fill that role and Sheamus, Miz, Alberto del Rio are among the wrestlers who have failed so far.

After Paul's interaction with HHH I hope CM Punk does get intertwined into this  Bryan vs the WWE heirarchy. I like that he is getting axel a rub and Axel is starting to appear like most than just your average mid-card champ, I want to see Punk go up against the SHIELD. I wouldnt mind seing him face heel Orton as a face. Say what you want about Punk, he is a draw. He maynot be on or near Cena level of drawing but neither is Orton

Bryan is over and he can potentially be more over, he has made every situation WWE put him in work to some degree andhe has that natural charisma that I think Sami Zayne has too.

its kinda a new era for WWE like from the mid 90's when guys like Bret & Shawn were on top, your going to see more modern day indie type guys like Punk , Ohno, Bryan  Zayne & Joe be  the game changers for WWE. They may not ever be Rock, Hogan or even Cena level draws but neither was Shawn or Bret or Eddie.

Bryan aint goin nowhere, I doubt he be in a Wrestlemania Pre-show again at this point

Unlike Orton or Ziggler or Punk, Daniel Bryan offers the WWE the potential to be the sort of babyface main eventer who would make them more comfortable in entertaining the idea of turning Cena.  They've been looking for a guy who can fill that role and Sheamus, Miz, Alberto del Rio are among the wrestlers who have failed so far.

They aren't turning Cena for Daniel Bryan. They make way too much off of kids to turn him for some guy with two shirts that don't sell well.

Naomi was pretty awful the last time I saw her in a singles match. She's got a great look with lots of potential, but she's still not on Nattie's level(Who people decided to deem terrible because of one botched Sharpshooter).

• Like 1

Nattie is okay in the ring I guess but I think AJ and Naomi are better. AJ can bump like hell and Naomi is a great athlete. Kaitlyn's spear is pretty good (AJ makes it look devastating) and she has improved quite a bit over the last year but she has a ways to go.

i always enjoyed Alicia Fox, takes crazy bumps kinda like the female Dolph and her Northern Lights suplex is the best. Like Regal says she has the best bridge in the biz.

• Like 2

That whole set-up was done so effectively.  I don't know if I've ever heard a "Cody Rhodes" chant like the one he got before he started his moonsault spot last night.  It makes me think a figurative and literal babyface can work in 2013.

As a note, RAW seems to be getting mid-card angles again with this, the Fandango/Miz deal, and the Barret Barber-rage.  I'm really enjoying it.

Fellas, I think I can tie this all together.

Werner Herzog's first name can be Anglicanized as Vernon.

John Vernon played Vernon Wormer in ANIMAL HOUSE, which accounts for the missing "W'.

Vernon Wormer was the Dean of a college.

Dean Ambrose's first name is Dean.

Now.  Focus on the brows.  Just the brows...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS IS A THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO US AND WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!

• Like 3

I originally read this as Daniel Bunyan, which, you have to admit, isn't the worst idea ever.Ah, I'm an idiot because I find Orton boring. Gotcha.Seriously, I don't understand the "I like what's going on SO YOU MUST TOO!11!!!1!1!!1!!1!1!!!!" mindset.

Are you the one who actually used the phrase "Randy Boreton?" You can find Orton boring all you want, but if you say SuperCena or Randy Boreton or CM Drunk etc... Yeah, i'm going to think you are an idiot.
Can I say Blandy Boreton? What about Daniel Buryan?

You know Bryan could disappear for a week,come in unannounced a week later and flying knee Roman Reigns straight to hell and everyone would shit themselves with glee. I firmly believe that could be his Stunner.

It is a sweet finish.

You know Bryan could disappear for a week,come in unannounced a week later and flying knee Roman Reigns straight to hell and everyone would shit themselves with glee. I firmly believe that could be his Stunner.

It is a sweet finish.

I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it. In Toronto. JR in the booth.