DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] MARCH MADNESS 2016 ANNOUNCEMENTS

RIPPA

Hiya~!

I am starting a little earlier this year because I am planning on some extra presentation (since I am stupid) so I need the brackets done earlier

And since I am planning on doing a more "elaborate" bracket reveal - I am being purposely vague on what the criteria is. So you will just have to trying and figure it out on your own. YOU ARE IN THE CLUTCHES OF A MAD MAN!!!!

The one always constant - Usual eligibility period applies: March 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016. LEAP YEAR BITCHES~! ONE EXTRA DAY TO WRESTLE YOUR WAY ON OR OFF!!!

I will be opening nomination threads up shortly. I already have over 50 names that I think I am putting on and there are two distinct areas I haven't explored yet. So you are going to have to make compelling arguments for me to bump guys.

Threads will be broken down to 

• WWE/NXT
  • REST OF US/UK
  • JAPAN
  • LUCHA/LUCHA UNDERGROUND

I was planning on just releasing Youtube videos but if someone thinks of a better idea - I could do that.

I mean technically I could Periscope but on some levels I would want to save it

Just clarifying this since I have seen it come up a few times

I don't have a set number of people from each group.

The groups are just to help me organize a little bit (and to not make each nomination section that overwhelming to weed through)

So there isn't a set 16 WWE, 16 Japan, etc...

It basically is the 64 I feel work best for the tournament

I've just seen the folks over at VOW have compiled a very helpful spreadsheet that might give some inspiration.

They have made a list of all matches that have been called great matches in the last calender year and made a wrestler ranking based on those matches.

It's woth looking into.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/01/13/2015-year-end-stats-star-ratings-tv-attendance-wwe-njpw-nxt-roh/

Direct link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D6lx2wLUrnTwJuc6zBjIuvpt7SzF7ik6q85E3_ppCIQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'm just waiting for someone to top Matt D's post complaining about Cody Rhodes' lack of facial expressions while doing missile dropkicks. I mean, once I saw his face, I agreed with what Matt wrote but that's still one of the nit-pickiest things I've ever read. 

Just a point of order - since I have to actual prepare - I am using Sunday (ie Fast Lane) as my last day before making the brackets.

Obviously things could change up until I actually release the brackets but I gotta start somewhere

What percentage of the brackets would you say are being created with hatred in your heart?

My own hatred or other people's hatred?

hXIFBVf.png

"That's impossible.  No one can give more than 100%,  By defintion, that's the most anyone can give."

So from what I count there were approximately 160 nominations.

114 before counting the WWE.

The WWE was a shit show since a couple of people basically posted the entire roster. (So I didn't even count those)

And you guys missed some biggies.

So yeah... making a bracket is going to be... interesting