DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] MARCH MADNESS 2016 ANNOUNCEMENTS

RIPPA

I've said that the bracket was gonna be loaded even with the weak year in the WWE, and it really holds true.

Also, that might be the best thing Phil has ever done. I'm legitimately laughing at it because your notes were really good while actually taking note that FUCK this tournament is loaded.

Also, no Corbin/Rollins makes me sad, but what can ya do. 

Just saw the Tsuruta bracket reveal and if Okada manages to get past Callahan, he'll get smoked by Dragon Lee I'm thinking. 

As much as I've been championing Corbin (against Rollins and even then...), Omega smokes him out of the water in every which way. I'm wondering how much the Ambrose hate on here will show up in the (hopeful?) Omega matchup.

Is it the board that hates Ambrose or is it just a fowler thing? :D

I might be in on Ambrose given this past month of his..

I've enjoyed Ambrose over the last month, but man, it just wasn't a good year for him, and he's got either got Corbin or Omega, and I'm not sure he had a better year then either of them.I think Omega is the favorite to move on from that group.

So I will be the first one to do some serious bracket notes on this cause I am that nerd.

Andre Bracket

So, starting with the Andre bracket, I think Honma is a heavy favorite to get to the sweet 16, from the top grouping. Reigns isn't gonna stop him, neither will Busick (imo)

I haven't seen enough of Virus or Cavernario to access there chances against Sabre and Shibata (Poor Dalton Castle, btw). Will have to do some watching on that one. That little section feels loaded.Like, really loaded.

Dolph vs. Sami leading to Finn feels like the weakest grouping in this list, and I'd take any of Maximo, Suzuki, or Sasha over all 3. Sasha's little section is god damned loaded, but I don't think it will slow her train down a bit. Her 3rd round matchup will be much easier then her 2nd.

I honestly think Low-Ki will get the momentum to beat Swagger and Morrison, but man the other side is confusing as fuck. I'd lean Sombra over Cena, but New Day has been consistently entertaining. I'd lean New Day? Hard call there

Jumbo Bracket

Kevin Owens is gonna go over either Rave or Fenix and I will be unhappy about it either way. Rave and Fenix are both awesome. Rave/Fenix might be the most troubling first round matchup for me. And then whoever wins that will just get squished by Nak, so whatever.

Rush should beat Sydal, and him vs. Ospreay is a bitch of a matchup. I'd lean Rush, but not sure how voting goes. Okada is gonna be VERY interesting to follow in this. I think he beats Sami, but man, Dragon Lee is such a horrid draw for anyone to me. I think Dragon wins, and I'll vote for him over Nak.

Omega seems like the favorite to me in the Ambrose section. I'm not even a big Omega fan, but he has the upside. The Guerrero/Suzuki match is a clear "I need to watch both guys cause I got no clue" match of the tournament. But I know it would be a major upset if either beat Satomura. In fact, I think Satomura will have the momentum to get to the final 16.

Serious Rippa, Lynch vs. Thatcher round 2? Why do you hate me? Also, I don't give a shit what you say about intergender, I'd pay to watch those two mat wrestle for 20 minute. That sounds pervy, but I don't care. Cuerno seems like a decent bet to take over the Wyatts and Lucha Dragons, though I like Kalisto a lot. Overall, whoever wins Lynch/Thatcher should take this little section.

I love this layout, and this field feels loaded as fuck. Maybe it's just because there is nobody I can point out save Sasha and Bayley and say "those guys are clear favorite" from the WWE group.

I've been over the bracket-creation notes and talking about who did and didn't miss time and I still can't figure out how the hell the Lucha Dragons got a bye.

Honestly - it was more who didn't deserve one

I needed 4 "groups" the other choices I had were

Usos
Wyatts
American Alpha
Dash/Dawson

Usos and Wyatts I both dislike - so you can call that "observational bias"

And AA and Revival both being "newer" if you will - were both on the back end of my list so I felt wrong giving either them a bye.

I mean - I really don't think Dean Ambrose deserved one either but my injury policy on byes made that tough