DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 8-29-13

The AJ promo was kinda sad in that the crowd was just red-hot for him, chanting his name, popping for his entrance and turning down the MEM, then after he talks for thirty seconds, they start chanting "What?"  I didn't think the promo was THAT awful...

Sorry, but the WHAT shit is just fucking everywhere.

I noticed at the same time Impact was on so was 2000's oscar sweeping film Ready to Rumble. So, at least TNA has yet to make their own original movie. They have that going for them.

Best moment of the night was as they are showing Hogan walking in, if you look Mr. Anderson is just casually walking in the background and quickly tries to dodge out of sight as soon as he sees the cameras.

Is anyone else besides me concerned for Taz? He sounds so confused out there, he is verbally wandering around trying to figure out the world around him while falling flat on his face at every opportunity.

"I'm gonna knock you flatter than Miley Cyrus's ass." Daniels/Aries was entertaining. I do also like how Magnus, the leader in the BFG series, can just knock off for two weeks and still expect to be in the final four. Why didn't the other leaders just come up with a scheduling excuse?

I wasn't the guy in the crowd who yelled, "that stuff was a year ago!!!" to AJ Styles during that promo, but I wanted to be.

This reminded me of the week after Matt Hardy came back red-hot about 10 years ago, then the next week banished himself to Forever Midcard with his big money promo.

• Like 1

The AJ promo was kinda sad in that the crowd was just red-hot for him, chanting his name, popping for his entrance and turning down the MEM, then after he talks for thirty seconds, they start chanting "What?"  I didn't think the promo was THAT awful...

Sorry, but the WHAT shit is just fucking everywhere.

If it's a heel, or a struggling face (a la AJ), then yeah.  But have you heard anyone "What?" Daniel Bryan?  When John Cena is nailing one of his rare serious money promos, there's not a "What?" to be heard either.  My point being, say something interesting and say it well, and, generally, the "Whats?" will die out.  AJ had that crowd eating out of his hand until it was "Oh here he goes whining again...let's shout What at him!"

Oh and the biggest takeaway for me from this week's show was Dean and I both agreeing that we would sadly watch a TNA Knockouts knockoff Total Diva show

So, you'll be checking out the next best thing on September 6th, right? KNOCKOUTS KNOCKDOWN~!

Mia Yim will be there, so I think I may be all in.

Also Cheerleader Melissa and Serena, so yeah, I'm there.

HOLY SHIT!!!

I am so there

EDIT - I got excited before clicking the link.

Yeah - as I said last night I am amused that the first time TNA really gets burned with the taping PPVs like a year ahead of time is because of Brooke Hogan.

But hey - she is getting a great run for a fired person

I ff'wed through a lot of Impact earlier. The stuff with Bully Ray and Anderson was dumb. How long until we get a Aces & Eights Wolfpac (though if Anderson is gone soon that might be moot). Tito was wearing a PUNISHMENT Aces & Eights shirt so maybe for some reason they'll have regular Eights and Punishment Eights with Ortiz, Bully, and Brooke.

Speaking of Brooke...Good GAWD. But man it made me laugh to think they could have easily had Brooke Hogan do this months ago. Become Bully's Old Lady. Instead she would never dare turn on Daddy (poor choice of wording there) and now she's gone thanks to Joe Park working his offscreen legal magic.

The 2/3 falls match was pretty good. It's a shame Gail wasn't champion because a Gail/ODB feud would be fun. But ODB vs. Queen Mickie should be a fun feud it self. Then sadly we know ODB will win and then Brooke will win the Knockouts title just cause.

As for the AJ promo, I guess it was all right. Yeah it was all shooty...but its TNA. EVERYTHING IS A SHOOT...BROTHER. I did get a good laugh at him bitching out management for bringing in people who fail and then expecting him to clean up the mess. Has he resigned? If he hasn't he should really just walk. He could make way more money elsewhere and he wouldn't have to worry about TNA constantly dicking his spot around.

I watched the promo. And I really don't understand the reason AJ went back to old AJ. Because he still seemed pretty angry in that promo.

So they could do an awkward theme transition? Basically, the difference between Country Emo AJ and "The Phenomenal" AJ appears to be a t-shirt and a finisher.

Maybe he'll do a split gimmick like Mutoh/Muta.  AJ Smiles and the Phenomenal Moper.

I was convinced that they were building a Sabin & Sky* vs Bully & Brooke mixed tag, but I suppose not.

* Did the backstage Velvet promo about going out with Sabin and missing Hardcore Justice due to relationship issues not air on the USA version?

Maybe he'll do a split gimmick like Mutoh/Muta.  AJ Smiles and the Phenomenal Moper.

I was convinced that they were building a Sabin & Sky* vs Bully & Brooke mixed tag, but I suppose not.

* Did the backstage Velvet promo about going out with Sabin and missing Hardcore Justice due to relationship issues not air on the USA version?

We saw the Velvet promo in the US.