DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

The first thing that comes to mind whenever The Godfather comes up is his "match" with Road Dogg on the Owen tribute Raw. It was very touching and respectful to me as an 11-year-old, but seems...decidedly less so in retrospect.

Is it *just* The Godfather going in, or Charles Wight?  If Mr. Wight altogether, he deserves it fr being such a company man that he did not 1, but 3 cringe worthy gimmicks over the course of his WWF employment.

Was Kama really that cringe worthy? He was just a big martial artist. 

Hayes probably shouldn't be going in either. Nor should Terry Taylor at any point, for what it's worth.

I don't think we have to worry about the Red Rooster going in anyway.
Would Taylor be that much less deserving than Godfather and Koko?

His run didn't as long as either if you want to just go by longevity. The Red Rooster gimmick was doomed from the beginning and I don't know if anyone could have made it work. I will admit I loved it as a kid when the Rooster finally got his revenge against Bobby Heenan at WM5.

The first thing that comes to mind whenever The Godfather comes up is his "match" with Road Dogg on the Owen tribute Raw. It was very touching and respectful to me as an 11-year-old, but seems...decidedly less so in retrospect.

Fuck it. What he said is exactly what I would have said in 1999.

Hayes probably shouldn't be going in either. Nor should Terry Taylor at any point, for what it's worth.

His run didn't as long as either if you want to just go by longevity. The Red Rooster gimmick was doomed from the beginning and I don't know if anyone could have made it work. I will admit I loved it as a kid when the Rooster finally got his revenge against Bobby Heenan at WM5.

I was at the show when he debuted as the Rooster. I was eight and moved around the arena to get a better look. A man who I now recognize as Blackjack Lanza approached me and encouraged me to chant "Rooster Rooster." Which I did as loud as I could. When it did not catch on he told me to return to my seat.

• Like 1

I was at the show when he debuted as the Rooster. I was eight and moved around the arena to get a better look. A man who I now recognize as Blackjack Lanza approached me and encouraged me to chant "Rooster Rooster." Which I did as loud as I could. When it did not catch on he told me to return to my seat.

WWE should put road agents back in the crowd to encourage chants. 

And hire Haku

Would YOU say no to Haku if he told you to chant "Roman Reigns?" 

• Like 1

That's a thing they're going to sell.  Why is another question considering how much material they have at their disposal.

Which is also why Godfather in the HOF doesn't make logic considering how many top stars that weren't fake pimps they haven't put in yet.

Like they've had two perfect chances to induct Wahoo McDaniel in Miami and New York.  And he's from Texas too.