DVDVR Message Board

2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Divisonal Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

I just don't think Seattle are that good on the road. Hell, they weren't that good on the road in their two Superbowl appearance years, never mind this year.

It'll be closer than the earlier Carolina/Seattle game but boy... Carolina bullied them in that game. They looked like a bigger, meaner, stronger version of Seattle.

Seahawks are good, man. I'm not cocky about that game at all. There's reasons to think they'll win just like there's reasons to think Carolina will. But the level to which people are dickriding them is lunacy. You'd think it wasn't a west coast team playing a 10am game against a developing rival who went 15-1, who is pretty damn healthy, has the MVP playing QB and who beat them at their house this year.

I can't believe Mike Carey was ever an NFL referee. He is constantly lost on replays, rules, and penalties. He watches that dirty hit by Amendola and seems absolutely baffled at how it could be a penalty. 5 minutes later he's got a clear explanation that anybody else figured out after 5 seconds. Good grief.

• Like 5

And the myth of caring about player safety goes up in the puff of smoke that is Amendola not being ejected.

Hits like that are why the NFL needs the NCAA targeting rule.
  • Like 1

I can't believe Mike Carey was ever an NFL referee. He is constantly lost on replays, rules, and penalties. He watches that dirty hit by Amendola and seems absolutely baffled at how it could be a penalty. 5 minutes later he's got a clear explanation that anybody else figured or after 5 seconds. Good grief.

It's amazing they haven't cut him from TV yet because it's real obvious why he's not working for the NFL.

• Like 1

And the myth of caring about player safety goes up in the puff of smoke that is Amendola not being ejected.

Tony Boselli was crying about it on the radio saying "that's just football". I think there's a movie that recently came out he may want to see.