DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

From the newest WON

He said he wants to personally stay off television as much as possible because he’s better as a heel, but he doesn’t like the heel authority figure in wrestling right now because it’s been done to death and nobody can do it as good as Vince McMahon.

Now I'd really like to see Corgan get the company.  He's right about the ECW/Attitude stuff, too.  Maybe if the TNA sale doesn't work out, WWE could hire Corgan to run Raw!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dixie Carter fucked everything up, not a surprise.

Will she go down as the dumbest person in wrestling? I can't think of anyone off hand who screwed up as much, as epicly, and as badly, all while never really gaining anything. It's truly remarkable.

• Like 1

It's a solo album.

This situation is so farcical it's actually sad. TNA'a major problem has always been management can't stay out of its own way and now it looks very likely to be the reason for its collapse. 

I'm guessing the thing holding somebody like the Hardys back from just buying the company is the additional nearly $4 million in debt owed to Corgan, the Nazis and other creditors according to Dave. I hope Corgan can save TNA from Dixie's clutches. His vision sounds neat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Will she go down as the dumbest person in wrestling? I can't think of anyone off hand who screwed up as much, as epicly, and as badly, all while never really gaining anything. It's truly remarkable.

As far as money marks go, she's had a pretty good run. She got to be on tv for years...got to put together ppvs..canoodle with many stars of yesteryear. She even got to be an action figure.

You could argue she's the most successful money mark of all time. 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Well the argument is really how much of her own money was she putting into it.

For a long time - it was her Dad footing the bills (clearly to keep her away from actual Panda business)

Notice that it was after Bob Carter stopped financing TNA that it fell off a cliff in terms of money so it isn't like Dixie has been really footing the bill THAT much

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

I didn't realize WCW was had for so little.  The number I had always heard was $10 million.  But it wasn't even half of that.  That's practically highway robbery.

WWE supposedly collected the late payments from the last few WCW pay per views, so it may have worked out to be even less. 

Tna has never been my cup of tea, but I'll be damned if I haven't wanted and still want them to succeed. Wwe having a monopoly even more then they already do does none of us any good. I think the broken Matt stuff is the stupidest shit I've seen in years, but it's different. Different in wrestling is good. Sell this dumpster fire to corgan, brother Nero and broken Matt and see what they can do

• Like 4

I think the idea comes from the fact that WWE can pretty much obliterate an Indy roster any time they so choose if it strikes Vince's fancy to do so.

Course, Vince has had that power since Wrestlemania I, so...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Where does WWE having a monopoly come from when other promotions have television and even streaming things these days?  If anything it's easier than ever to get your product out there.

If nothing else, Vince pays on time.  If nothing else, Vince actually pays. Why work for free when the guy across the street has three brands that you can be featured on and isn't struggling to make TV production.  And again, he actually cuts checks.

I understand what you're saying about streaming capabilities.  I agree with a lot of it.  But it's rarely that simple.

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Where does WWE having a monopoly come from when other promotions have television and even streaming things these days?  If anything it's easier than ever to get your product out there.

Yes, but it's still really hard to make a living.  During the salad days of tna guys were making real money from an alternative promotion. 

• Like 1

In terms of ratings, revenues, quality of product, profits, talent roster, social media, and every metric the WWE is a monopoly.  

The only competition to come close if LU due to the executive producers, production company, and distributor.

At this point TNA should just file for bankruptcy or liquidation.  They are the most viable solutions.

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

As far as money marks go, she's had a pretty good run. She got to be on tv for years...got to put together ppvs..canoodle with many stars of yesteryear. She even got to be an action figure.

Especially since most of the money she used wasn't hers

I'm likely missing something, but I don't know why Billy doesn't step back, wait for TNA to fold, and then buy up what he can at the last minute so Dixie at least walks away with something. In this scenario, the only way to win is to let TNA die. Negotiate continuing tapings and airing them on POP or whatever channel they're on and use the contracts you can get to form the basis of the promotion.

As it is, Corgan is trying to obtain majority ownership from Dixie so he can put his own stamp on the company, including changing its name, and Dixie is just being a colossal shithead. Let her go fuck off and crumble and then be the one there to pick up the pieces.

At this rate though, she's just stringing along Corgan or whoever else to continue footing the bill. It sounds like those footing the bill are done with doing so. Good on them.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

As it is, Corgan is trying to obtain majority ownership from Dixie so he can put his own stamp on the company, including changing its name, and Dixie is just being a colossal shithead. Let her go fuck off and crumble and then be the one there to pick up the pieces.

A-fucking-men. Notice how TNA actually started becoming interesting when Dixie was super busy trying to put out all the fires she started. Funny how that happened.

Corgan is still a massive moron for giving them even a dime. Like Cornette said, you can buy all that shit TNA has for far less than TNA is trying to sell it for.

Do we know how much Billy sunk in yet? I'd like to do the math and point out how many indy shows he could have run that could possibly make money and compare to the, what, 12 shows, he paid for.

Christ, how can Billy be so dumb about this?

5 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Blowing a lot of money is pretty much the opposite of success.

Well if the cost of the taping is roughly $600K that was floating in one of those stories then he has dropped $120K just to fund two tapings so far.

You have to assume there were other expense he had to cover so I would say between $150K - $250K

• Like 1